Glaus to Boston rumor: Not a bad idea - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Glaus to Boston rumor: Not a bad idea

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby speedy27 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:28 pm

looks like he might be headed to Toronto?

Even though GM J.P. Ricciardi denies there are any talks going on at all, the Diamondbacks and Blue Jays could be moving closer to a trade that would send Troy Glaus to Toronto for Orlando Hudson and Miguel Batista.
The Jays may also get a second player in return. Hurdles remain, however. Glaus can block the trade to Toronto and likely would do so without some additional money to make up for Canada's higher tax rate. He also could be unwilling to DH, requiring that the Blue Jays find a way to move Corey Koskie. Glaus can be traded to Boston or Baltimore without his permission, so the Diamondbacks will keep exploring the other options. Dec. 23 - 1:26 pm et
Last edited by speedy27 on Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2792
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 30 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WittyC » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:32 pm

speedy27 wrote:looks like he might be headed to Toronto?

The Diamondbacks abd Blue Jays could be moving closer to a trade that would send Troy Glaus to Toronto for Orlando Hudson and Miguel Batista.
The Jays may also get a second player in return. Hurdles remain, however. Glaus can block the trade to Toronto and likely would do so without some additional money to make up for Canada's higher tax rate. He also could be unwilling to DH, requiring that the Blue Jays find a way to move Corey Koskie. Glaus can be traded to Boston or Baltimore without his position, so the Diamondbacks will keep exploring the other options. Dec. 23 - 1:26 pm et
Source: FOXSports.com


Haha! Good luck with that!
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1096
Joined: 3 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dillon, CO

Postby mweir145 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:06 pm

I really hope the Jays don't make that trade.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby MrT » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:36 pm

Perhaps Lowell would become trade bait after Boston gets Glaus??
MrT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 577
(Past Year: 39)
Joined: 27 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Music2004Man » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:02 pm

MrT wrote:Perhaps Lowell would become trade bait after Boston gets Glaus??


Lowell is anti-trade bait with the salary he's carrying around right now.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1092
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dyuen87 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:21 pm

OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:
dyuen87 wrote: i remember earlier there was a angels-d'back-red sox rumor floating around. manny to angels, glaus to red sox, and some top prospects from both sides to d'backs.


I don't like that trade one bit.


:-° wow what a terrible typo. manny to angels*. :-o
Image
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2514
Joined: 26 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:24 pm

The Diamondbacks and the Blue Jays are on the verge of a finalizing a Troy Glaus deal, a person familiar with the talks told ESPN's Peter Gammons.
The Diamondbacks would receive Orlando Hudson and Miguel Batista and send a prospect back to Toronto. There's still no indication that Glaus is willing to waive his no-trade protection and head to Toronto, where he'd probably be a DH unless something could be worked out. Dec. 23 - 4:11 pm et
Source: ESPN.com



I don't know why Toronto hasn't unloaded guys like Hinske & Shea yet and then be on the edge of getting Glaus
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8518
(Past Year: 122)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Glaus to Boston rumor: Not a bad idea

Postby John Kemp » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:56 pm

As we see Glaus is going to the Jays.. Once again, the Red Sox cannot get that big hitter type like Glaus.. They signed John Flarety and are looking into Corey Patterson (whoo hoo).. Again Not to sound so damn negative in such a joyous season, but the Red Sox ain't done noting this year people.. Josh "Blister" Beckett cannot save this team alone.. Mike Lowell is a declining 3rd baseman (see stats)and Marte will be nice in 2008.. But for now they are a very 3rd to 4th place team.. The Yanks and Jays will fight for the AL title this year if the Sox do not go out and get some help quick!
John Kemp
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 147
Joined: 1 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Glaus to Boston rumor: Not a bad idea

Postby RyanK » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:20 pm

John Kemp wrote:As we see Glaus is going to the Jays.. Once again, the Red Sox cannot get that big hitter type like Glaus.. They signed John Flarety and are looking into Corey Patterson (whoo hoo).. Again Not to sound so damn negative in such a joyous season, but the Red Sox ain't done noting this year people.. Josh "Blister" Beckett cannot save this team alone.. Mike Lowell is a declining 3rd baseman (see stats)and Marte will be nice in 2008.. But for now they are a very 3rd to 4th place team.. The Yanks and Jays will fight for the AL title this year if the Sox do not go out and get some help quick!


your getting ridiculous
Image
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 2839
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Glaus to Boston rumor: Not a bad idea

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:53 pm

RyanK wrote:
John Kemp wrote:As we see Glaus is going to the Jays.. Once again, the Red Sox cannot get that big hitter type like Glaus.. They signed John Flarety and are looking into Corey Patterson (whoo hoo).. Again Not to sound so damn negative in such a joyous season, but the Red Sox ain't done noting this year people.. Josh "Blister" Beckett cannot save this team alone.. Mike Lowell is a declining 3rd baseman (see stats)and Marte will be nice in 2008.. But for now they are a very 3rd to 4th place team.. The Yanks and Jays will fight for the AL title this year if the Sox do not go out and get some help quick!


your getting ridiculous


I tend to agree with mr Kemp. ;-D
the only thing better than Christmas this time of year is watching the Red Sox get punked in the offseason ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact