Prior to the AL West? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Prior to the AL West?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mustangs989 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Eagle Baseball wrote:
BeefSandwiches wrote:Latest rumor via Bruce Levine on ESPN 1000 this morning...

Cubs have offered Prior, Patterson and Rich Hill in exchange for Tejada and Erik Bedard.

No link because it was a radio report and I haven't been able to find it anywhere, but Levine is usually on the inside with both Chicago ballclubs.

As a cub fan this trade is appealing to me. They are not give up Pie or Guzman. Hill might be good pitcher but I don't like 6'5" curve ball pitchers, give me the old number 1 out of those guys. Priors wins have gone down and there is always rumors of guys who are built like him whose numbers have gone down the last two years. Bedard is serviceable.

I've also heard the rumor of then sending Bedard to Oakland for Zito.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:20 pm

RynMan wrote:
Music2004Man wrote:Which team do you guys think they are talking about in the AL West? Could it be the Angels with a heap of prospects going the other way?

A's websites are saying that they have heard radio reports stating that it is the A's, in which Zito and possibly spare parts goto Baltimore. Prior to Oakland, Tejada to Chicago.

Whoa. The A's would have been the last team in the AL West that I would have thought. Zito and Prior are pretty much in the same boat money and contract wise.

Anyways, where'd you hear this Ryn?
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Phatferd » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:22 pm

If, and I know this is a big if, but if I knew the Angels could re-sign him I would give up Brandon Wood for him. I know we'll have to package some other players, but I'd be willing to use Wood in the deal to get Prior.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MrT » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:41 pm

Look at it this way:

Prior MAY become the pitcher we expected but Tejeda is arguably the best SS in baseball. As much as I love the idea of mark Prior becoming dominant I like the idea better of a Tejeda, Lee, Ramirez at #3, 4, & 5. So far the Cubs have done nothing with Prior.
MrT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 39)

Postby Phatferd » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:08 pm

MrT wrote:Look at it this way:

Prior MAY become the pitcher we expected but Tejeda is arguably the best SS in baseball. As much as I love the idea of mark Prior becoming dominant I like the idea better of a Tejeda, Lee, Ramirez at #3, 4, & 5. So far the Cubs have done nothing with Prior.

They've done nothing with Ryno, Dawson, Banks, Grace, Santo, etc for a long time also. I wouldn't say you've done nothing with Prior, you haven't done anything in a long time, Prior has nothing to do with it.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:14 pm

Phatferd wrote:If, and I know this is a big if, but if I knew the Angels could re-sign him I would give up Brandon Wood for him. I know we'll have to package some other players, but I'd be willing to use Wood in the deal to get Prior.

You really think Stoneman's cooking something up? I just don't see him making any big trades. He's been gun-shy ever since the Edmonds for Bottenfield + Kennedy disaster.

On the trade, I'd be willing to give up Wood as well, depending on what else we'd have to add in, of course. I really don't want to see us going into the '06 season with Carrasco as our #5 starter. I think we should be able to put up respectable offensive numbers if Rivera, Kotchman, and McPherson get to play everyday (that's 75+ HR's if all are healthy and given a fair shake).

But Stoneman doesn't have the balls to do anything... that's okay with me... but then let's give the kids a chance.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby DC nats05 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:21 pm

for the Orioles-Cubs trade I think that the Orioles would just be getting the worst of the trade. Tejada is easily one of the best hitters in the mlb, and bedard's stuff is fantastic when healthy, unlike Prior who has been injured constantly over the past couple of years. The Orioles would be stupid if they did Tejada and Bedard for Prior, Patterson, and Hill. That trade is not even close to being fair.
DC nats05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:28 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Which if true indicates that the Cubs may think Prior will never live up to his billing.
If that were the case, they should deal Wood too.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby RugbyD » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:55 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Which if true indicates that the Cubs may think Prior will never live up to his billing.
If that were the case, they should deal Wood too.

not with that complete no-trade clause.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby RynMan » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:18 am

Half Massed wrote:
RynMan wrote:
Music2004Man wrote:Which team do you guys think they are talking about in the AL West? Could it be the Angels with a heap of prospects going the other way?

A's websites are saying that they have heard radio reports stating that it is the A's, in which Zito and possibly spare parts goto Baltimore. Prior to Oakland, Tejada to Chicago.

Whoa. The A's would have been the last team in the AL West that I would have thought. Zito and Prior are pretty much in the same boat money and contract wise.

Anyways, where'd you hear this Ryn?

AN. The guy who posted it, posted the a link showing what I quoted at the start of this thread. I just don't see it.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers