Royals sign Reggie Sanders - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Royals sign Reggie Sanders

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Royals sign Reggie Sanders

Postby baseball6791 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:17 pm

Just heard it on ESPN, just about done, supposedly 2 yrs/$10 million...

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby djacks » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:35 pm

AL Central contenders!!!!!... ;-7 :*) :-B

(A man can dream, can't he?)
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Tavish » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:56 pm

Excellent signing by Baird, the team desperately needed someone who can provide some power and, even more important, hold their own against lefties. If he can remain relatively healthy $5 million per for 2 seasons is a very solid gamble.

L CF DeJesus
R 2B Grudzielanek
R DH Sweeney
R LF Sanders
L RF Stairs
R SS Berroa
L 3B Teahan
R C Buck
L 1B Mientkiewicz

With Brown and Guiel being able to platoon into the RF/LF spots to give Sanders/Stairs a break or games at DH while Sweeney snags a few games at 1B, Bell has a ton more options than he did when he took over the team last season.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:57 pm

Sanders is a decen tplayer, but this does not help his fantasy value for sure.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:41 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Sanders is a decen tplayer, but this does not help his fantasy value for sure.

Why not? He'll be in a favorable spot in the lineup and at least has guaranteed playing time.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby JTWood » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:43 pm

davidmarver wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Sanders is a decen tplayer, but this does not help his fantasy value for sure.

Why not? He'll be in a favorable spot in the lineup and at least has guaranteed playing time.

Umm... Are we talking about the same Reggie? He's not guaranteed playing time unless he stays healthy, and that's a big unless.

2/$10M, huh? Can someone let me know why the Cards wouldn't get in on him at that price? Doesn't seem too high to me, and we need the outfielder. There's not a third-year player option like Grudz's contract, is there?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:00 pm

JTWood wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

Umm... Are we talking about the same Reggie? He's not guaranteed playing time unless he stays healthy, and that's a big unless.

2/$10M, huh? Can someone let me know why the Cards wouldn't get in on him at that price? Doesn't seem too high to me, and we need the outfielder. There's not a third-year player option like Grudz's contract, is there?
They didn't want to go 2 years with Reggie's age and injury history.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby Half Massed » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:06 pm

Good signing by the Royals. Sanders gives them something they really need, despite the injury concerns.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JTWood » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:07 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
JTWood wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

They didn't want to go 2 years with Reggie's age and injury history.

I must be misremembering, because I thought they didn't want to go three years. Maybe I'm confusing him and Grudz...
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby RynMan » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:31 pm

JTWood wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

I'm actually surprised it didn't cost the Royals more to have him sign there. Quite a few teams are looking for outfield help so I thought it might have driven his price tag up. I think 2 years at 5 mil is a gamble considering his health, but if he is healthy - great value. I wonder what teams like the Cards and Cubs will be doing for outfielders now...
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers