Which Bedard will show up in 2006 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Which Bedard will show up in 2006

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which Bedard will show up in 2006

Postby MrT » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:12 pm

Before his injury he was superb. After the injury he was horrendous.
I doubt he will be as good as the first 5-7 starts and not as bad as the post-injury starts. I would still be pleased to get him for $5.00 or under. Futher, I have not heard anything positive about him making a full recovery.
MrT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which Bedard will show up in 2006

Postby foulballstrike3 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:32 pm

MrT wrote:Before his injury he was superb. After the injury he was horrendous.
I doubt he will be as good as the first 5-7 starts and not as bad as the post-injury starts. I would still be pleased to get him for $5.00 or under. Futher, I have not heard anything positive about him making a full recovery.

Only he can decide that. He has all the talent in the world, but he has no heart. It all depends on where he starts in the rotation I believe as far as his record goes, will they sign Millwood? Reports are that they turned down Boras' offer of $60 Mill for 5 years. As we stand, I would guess Lopez will be their opening day starter (obviously not ace material) but he probably deserves it more than anyone else. I would imagine that Bedard would pitch second (he makes a great #3 option) He played some extremely soft teams before he went on the DL. With all this said, I think you can look at around an ERA about 4.00 and between 12-15 wins.
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Which Bedard will show up in 2006

Postby foulballstrike3 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:12 pm

MrT wrote:Before his injury he was superb. After the injury he was horrendous.

Only he can decide that. He has all the talent in the world, but he has no heart. It all depends on where he starts in the rotation I believe as far as his record goes, will they sign Millwood? Reports are that they turned down Boras' offer of $60 Mill for 5 years. As we stand, I would guess Lopez will be their opening day starter (obviously not ace material) but he probably deserves it more than anyone else. I would imagine that Bedard would pitch second (he makes a great #3 option) He played some extremely soft teams before he went on the DL. With all this said, I think you can look at around an ERA about 4.00 and between 12-15 wins.
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers