Why does Bonderman get no love??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why does Bonderman get no love???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why does Bonderman get no love???

Postby Manfred » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:19 pm

last year, he was the breakout pick. Yeah, he finished off the season very poorly, but he was downright dominating in many starts. Now, you never hear about him. I know it's early, but it's liek everyone forgot abotu him. I think he ends up a top 10 starter this year.
Manfred
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:28 pm

Shhhhhh...

He's one of my sleepers.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Re: Why does Bonderman get no love???

Postby Red Stripe » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:34 pm

Manfred wrote:last year, he was the breakout pick. Yeah, he finished off the season very poorly, but he was downright dominating in many starts. Now, you never hear about him. I know it's early, but it's liek everyone forgot abotu him. I think he ends up a top 10 starter this year.

I definitely haven't forgot about him. I wouldn't say top 10 since he's on Detroit and might lack some wins (although he got a lot of run support last year). I'd rank him in the mid to high teens this year ahead of guys like Mulder, Beckett and Zito.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:06 pm

Perhaps you should address this question to Mrs. Bonderman.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby Red Stripe » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:20 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:Perhaps you should address this question to Mrs. Bonderman.

Maybe that's why he's getting no love
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cordscords » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:25 pm

Red Stripe wrote:
Manfred wrote:last year, he was the breakout pick. Yeah, he finished off the season very poorly, but he was downright dominating in many starts. Now, you never hear about him. I know it's early, but it's liek everyone forgot abotu him. I think he ends up a top 10 starter this year.

I definitely haven't forgot about him. I wouldn't say top 10 since he's on Detroit and might lack some wins (although he got a lot of run support last year). I'd rank him in the mid to high teens this year ahead of guys like Mulder, Beckett and Zito.

:-o
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Trot Nixon » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:32 pm

bleach168 wrote:Shhhhhh...

He's one of my sleepers.
Ditto!
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:38 pm

He's a nice guy to have but top 10. Not going to happen. I'd be happy if he got his ERA under 4.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby Red Stripe » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:39 pm

cordscords wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:

:-o

Ya, they're all at least in the same tier and all the same caliber IMO. Not sure if Bonderman is totally outright in front of them but I Think that's the pack of guys he should be ranked around.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J35J » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:42 pm

You can have him. He has shown some pretty good ability but he has also shown absolute crap, which is why he ends the year with a high 4's ERA and a crap ratio. Not to mention his K/9 really dropped off last year. He hasn't proven a thing and just looks to me like one of those guys that gets overhyped every year.

I'll take a look at him when his ERA gets closer to 4 than 5 and his ratio can drop below 1.30.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers