Two Late Round Guys at 1B.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Two Late Round Guys at 1B....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:39 pm

I'd take Morneau, but I'm willing to bet other owners in the leagues I'm in would be willing to take a risk on him earlier than I am.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shortsavage » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:53 pm

What does Morneau have on Fielder?

I'm starting to wonder if getting hit in the head may have slightly derailed Morneau's career. Recovering fully from that type of injury isn't a given.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby bronxxbomber » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:42 pm

I would go with Morneau right now, but they're very very close.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:39 am

Prince ;-D
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:56 am

Give me Prince Fielder.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 373)

Postby lbbaseball14 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:17 am

Thanks for the responses guys but I as well will take Prince Fielder ;-D He is an absolute beast with no injury question marks who hit like, what, 27 hr in about 375 at bats at triple A last year??? I think you'll see Fielder and Weeks develop into a nice combination such as how Hafner and and Peralta are turning out to be.
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RAmst23 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:03 am

lbbaseball14 wrote:Thanks for the responses guys but I as well will take Prince Fielder ;-D He is an absolute beast with no injury question marks who hit like, what, 27 hr in about 375 at bats at triple A last year??? I think you'll see Fielder and Weeks develop into a nice combination such as how Hafner and and Peralta are turning out to be.

I completely agree with this statement, but I don't agree that this will happen THIS year. I'd take Monreau for this season, and than Fielder in the future.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby BigJonEmpire » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:18 am

Both players could be great this season. Morneau should be solid this year. His .271/.340/.536 line in 2004 likely got folks a little ahead of themselves. Still his potential is very very high. His price and draft position should be significantly reduced in 2006. A lot of people are discounting the Twins lineup because of their porr showing in 2005. With Luis Castillo adding his obp to the lineup and Rondell White hopefully staying healthy at DH (I think he could hit 30 homeruns in a full healthy season), Jason Bartlett and jason Kubel in for a full season, the Twins should suprise as much in 2006 as they disappointed in 2005.

Prince Fielder has the great benefit of being a fantastic hitter in a lineup that is solid without him. That should allow him to hit down in the order to start the season without a tremendous amount of pressure. I'm thinking it may take him half a season to adjust to mlb pitching but he should be solid in any case. But don't think you'll get Prince cheap or that he's flying under the radar. he is probably THE most popular baseball prospect in fantasy baseball with the possible exception of Delmon Young. He'll be expensive in only-leagues and not cheap in mixed leagues.
Jon Williams

http://bronxpride.com/
http://tko-boxing.com/
http://fantasybaseballupdate.com/
BigJonEmpire
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Dodger Blue » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:29 pm

At later rounds I'd take a flyer on both and draft other positions earlier. One of the two should pan out. ;-D
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Postby shortsavage » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:52 pm

BigJonEmpire wrote:...and jason Kubel in for a full season, the Twins should suprise as much in 2006 as they disappointed in 2005.

I don't think Kubel's return is certain. He hasn't played at game speed for more than a year and he isn't supposed to be 100% for Spring Training. A midseason callup may be more likely.

Anyways, back to Fielder vs. Morneau.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers