NEW DYNASTY forming. 20 team roto!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

NEW DYNASTY forming. 20 team roto!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NEW DYNASTY forming. 20 team roto!!

Postby pizz » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:33 pm

League name: Fall Classic
League launch date: Jan 2nd, 2006, 6am PST
League fee: $20
League Prize: (winner) plaque + $150, will pay 1st, 2nd, 3rd
League host: Sportsline (CBS)
League activity: will be using a forum
League scoring: 5x5 ( possible OPS and Holds to 6x6 )
League Cap: $90m

Basic Concept

you will name your own team
example: Jackson Mudhens(Paul)

the draft will be done by random online draw.. the draw will be done 5 times and the avg number will be taken and then teams will be listed in position of 1-20. (more info will be explained on the forum)

on Jan 2nd we will begin a 5 round Draft, you will choose a player and assume his current MLB salary not to exceed 5 years. which means if a player currently has 6 years left on his contract, it will end in 2010 regardless. (more info will be explained on the forum)

once the draft is over we will begin a silent auction for the remaining players. we will break down the players by last name

week 1 will be players who end in A B C D E,
week 2 will be F G H I J , etc until we have completed
(more info will be explained on the forum)

this league will be competitive and GM's will be screened and chosen based on previous fantasy experience..

i have been in many other dynasties and have started my own successful dynasty,so i know what i am looking for.

please let me know if youre interested.. league starts in 2 weeks.

aim/yim = itsthepizz
e-mail = mailto:thepizz@tmail.com
Last edited by pizz on Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
still a giants fan this year :(
pizz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pizz » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:37 pm

you can also post your info here and i will contact you.
pizz
College Coach
College Coach

Why so low ?

Postby Cherokee Nation » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:17 am

When you are offering up a league as advanced as yours seems to be.....why make it a $ 20 league to win what, $ 150 ????

Why not get $ 200 per team and offer real prizes.

I keep seeing people questioning the higher end leagues, but it seems like there is no middle.....$ 200 is affordable, and could make it worth while to take the time to do the work to take the top prize.

Games are fun, but people who play sports want big $ for their services. People love to gamble, to put their money behind their skills....look at the gambling industry growth.......how come so many people want to play fantasy baseball for free, or almost free, nothing invested, nothing to win, no risk.....NO FUN

This is America isn't it ?
Cherokee Nation
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Valman » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:01 pm

Cherokee - You are new to the site. Most of the classifieds are for free Yahoo leagues. I'm with you, don't understand why, but I believe their are a number of students who are limited in their funds AND like to come up with "unique" league concepts between classes.

PM me Cherokee-We will be doing our second yr of a $400 fee, 5x5, redraft league here soon. All participants are cafe regulars and will need one or two new members.

Will you be in Vegas this yr? NFBC?
Valman
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 19)

Postby pizz » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:01 pm

after thinking it over, the draft will be an even number of 6 rounds to take full advantage of a snake style draft.

the reason i dont do big money leagues is because i think people would quit faster once they feel they are out of it.. and more people would whine and complain since they have so much riding on their team. imagine if a GM thought 2 teams were colluding.. all hell would break loose because the prize fund is in the thousands.. plus how many people would u really trust to send $200 over to some internet guy who is hosting a league?

$20 is a good/fair amount, u get more for your money i feel.
pizz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gswett1105 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:41 pm

pizz,
Can you give us some more information? How many players per team? Are there minor leagues? What is the process for players when their contracts expire? Thanks.
gswett1105
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Sultans of Squat » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:15 pm

Then I guess some people really just don't get it.

Not everyone gambles just for the sake of the $$$ -- some do it for the rush, etc. far more than the actual $$$ at stake.

Personally, I don't care for the gambling aspect at all. I play FBB for the love of the game, not for $$$. I would sooner see the modest funds be used towards better league setup, etc. and maybe a trophy award instead of money prize.

If I really wanted to gamble to make big $$$ off baseball, I'd be going to some bookie instead. OR maybe there should be professional FBB gambling leagues. :D

And no, we are not all merely HS/college students who cannot afford to spend $200/year on a hobby (of sorts). Well, I'm sure some might be, but not all of us. Frankly, the time and effort investment into FBB is far more valuable than the $200-300 cost that some are talking about, so it's silly to suggest there's "nothing invested..." If I didn't love the game, I'd be better off spending all that time and effort on something else much better for me.

Anyway, like the OP points out, once a substantial amount of $$$ is involved, it can easily get in the way of the real fun of FBB.

To each his own...
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby pizz » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:55 pm

gswett1105 wrote:pizz,
Can you give us some more information? How many players per team? Are there minor leagues? What is the process for players when their contracts expire? Thanks.

it will be a 40 man roster, there will be a farm system.. there are still issues i will be discussing over with a 3 man commish committee

more than likely it will be 30/10 or 25/15 majors/minors.

when their contracts expire, there will be an option for 1 or 2 restricted free agents. which means.. another GM can offer them a contract and the original owner can match the contract or give him up. ( still has yet to be determined )
pizz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ayebatter » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:56 pm

Interested - PM me. ayebatter
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1390)