My Minor League Roster (comments?) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

My Minor League Roster (comments?)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Minor League Roster (comments?)

Postby Members Only Jackets » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:43 pm

Alex Gordon , Billingsly & Lastings Milledge are available

MY Minors are:
-Billy Butler
-ian Stewart
-Justin Upton
-ian Kinsler
-J Papelbon (no longer considered ml)
-Carlos Quinten

McCann & Cain are also on my team but they're not considered minors anymore (Obviously)

should I stand pat..we can add a ML if we drop a ML

thanks
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Members Only Jackets » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:49 pm

Last edited by Members Only Jackets on Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Members Only Jackets » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:13 am

20 looks and no replies? Now I know why Chacon looks so sad in my avatar.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigken117 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:05 am

it's tough...you could get arguments for either side all day about dropping any of your players for any of those FA. They're all very highly regarded. I would def hold on to Stewart, Upton and Butler though.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby dannyolbb » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:06 am

This is a little hard to follow. Who would you be dropping? Milledge is very highly regarded. Which pick do you have? How does this work, exactly?

I think this is a case where the question is hard to follow so you aren't getting any answers.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby daullaz » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:18 am

If I'm understanding right, I would definitely drop Papelbon for Billingsley and Quentin for Milledge. I would probably also drop Butler for Gordon.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Members Only Jackets » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:26 am

daullaz wrote:If I'm understanding right, I would definitely drop Papelbon for Billingsley and Quentin for Milledge. I would probably also drop Butler for Gordon.

Butler for Gordon? Really? WOW! Interesting

Here's the thing...papelbon isn't technically a Minor Leaguer. I dropped Dustin Hermanson for him in Sept so he's costing nothing, and I cannot drop him for a ML.... In our league, if you play in 5 games you are no longer a minor leaguer...

I can only get a minor leaguer if I drop a minor leaguer....This league is heavy on power so are you sure it's wise to drop Quentin for Milledge?

here's the scoring system:

Scoring for Batting Categories
1B - Singles 1 point
2B - Doubles 2 points
3B - Triples 3 points
BB - Walks (Batters) 1 point
HR - Home Runs 4 points
KO - Strikeouts (Batter) -1 point
R - Runs 1 point
RBI - Runs Batted In 1 point
SB - Stolen Bases 1 point

thanks guys ;-D
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby J35J » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:25 am

I'd probably stand pat.... All the guys you have are great young players.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby daullaz » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:56 pm

Well, if your league counts DH as a 1B, then maybe you should hold on to Butler, especially if you have Stewart penciled in as your future at 3B. I just think Gordon is a better trading chip than Butler.

Quentin will be in the big show first, but I think Milledge is a better prospect in the long run. At least the Mets think pretty highly of him. The D-Backs traded for another stud OF prospect who will definitely be a starter by 2007 (Chris Young). With Jackson manning 1B, Quentin might end up fighting with Carlos Gonzales for a spot in the OF when it's time for both of them to play.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Sultans of Squat » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:18 pm

daullaz wrote:Well, if your league counts DH as a 1B, then maybe you should hold on to Butler, especially if you have Stewart penciled in as your future at 3B. I just think Gordon is a better trading chip than Butler.

Yah, I was about to say something like that for Gordon. Butler will likely end up 1B, if not merely DH -- though he might still get some time at 1B even if he becomes a regular DH. OTOH, 3B should become pretty deep in talent for years to come, so unless you're in a big league w/ 20-some-odd teams, the diff between 3B and 1B/DH might not matter much.

Quentin will be in the big show first, but I think Milledge is a better prospect in the long run. At least the Mets think pretty highly of him. The D-Backs traded for another stud OF prospect who will definitely be a starter by 2007 (Chris Young). With Jackson manning 1B, Quentin might end up fighting with Carlos Gonzales for a spot in the OF when it's time for both of them to play.

Hard to tell w/ them DBacks, especially w/ the management change. Gonzo's in his last year, and Green has 2 years left -- and might get traded before the end. Glaus might very well get traded before his deal is done also, if not much sooner, which would mean Tracy will likely end up back at 3B to make room in the OF for whoever needs it. So in a year or two, the entire OF could be freed up for prospects like Quentin, Young, Gonzales and even Upton, if need be.

Probably shouldn't worry too much about position availability for Quentin as long as you believe in his talent and readiness to produce. And I suspect the new moneyball GM will be more willing to give him good opps to produce than an old school one.
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball