Another 'F***'N' win taken from PEDRO... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Another 'F***'N' win taken from PEDRO...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Another 'F***'N' win taken from PEDRO...

Postby Clevelander » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:47 pm

is anyone getting just a little bit more annoyed by the sox bullpen...i know pedro is... :-o
Last edited by Clevelander on Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby America4Americans » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:49 pm

its getting ridiculous. that makes 5 more wins he should have. move him to Houston where Dotel and Wagner could seal the deal every time
America4Americans
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thehat » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:50 pm

That's now six blown saves in Pedro starts. But he was weakening a bit in the 7th (about a 20 pitch inning after two easy outs), so I guess Little had to make a move.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby America4Americans » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:51 pm

i think it was more the fact that pedro was due to hit with 2 runners on and 2 out. if this was the american league, he might have gotten the 8th
America4Americans
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby tjhksig » Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:16 pm

Just another reason to trade for REAL closer!? I know Timlin blew it, but at least if they had a real closer, Lyon could be the setup man...
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Jury » Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:33 pm

It doesn't really matter. The bottom line is that Pedro is the NASTIEST PITCHER of the modern era. He's FAR NASTIER than RANDY, CURT, GREG, MOOSE, BARRY, TIM, or MARK. I've seen them all pitch... Randy's got a nice slider, Barry's hook is insane, as is Moose's, but DAMN every one of PEDRO's pitches is SO nasty!!!!!!!!!!

PEDRO MARTINEZ IS THE MOST DOMINANT PITCHER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tjhksig » Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:04 pm

Pedro is great, but I think some of the young guns today (Zito, Prior, etc.) will turn out to be better POTENTIALLY.

Plus, I gotta say the dudes in the early 1900's were studs, Cy Young??? C'mon, 500 wins, no matter what era, is amazing.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DGroundhog » Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:31 am

The Jury wrote:PEDRO MARTINEZ IS THE MOST DOMINANT PITCHER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dare you to say that to Bob Gibson.

I cheer every time Pedro loses a W. He's a top SP, but he's a whiner and he is frail. He's getting what he deserves. If he bones up and becomes a man, the the pen will stop blowing games. It is his fate.

When you compare the confidence and intimidation Gibson represented, and the whiny little injured putz that Pedro is, Pedro doesn't even come close. Not even in my top 10.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:32 am

DGroundhog wrote:
The Jury wrote:PEDRO MARTINEZ IS THE MOST DOMINANT PITCHER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dare you to say that to Bob Gibson.

I cheer every time Pedro loses a W. He's a top SP, but he's a whiner and he is frail. He's getting what he deserves. If he bones up and becomes a man, the the pen will stop blowing games. It is his fate.

When you compare the confidence and intimidation Gibson represented, and the whiny little injured putz that Pedro is, Pedro doesn't even come close. Not even in my top 10.

Pedro isnt confident and intimidating? The only thing Gibson has on Pedro is innings. Pedro wont ever throw Gibsons 3,800 innings, although at age 30, Pedro had more at that age. Pedro will be top 10 when hes done, with a chance at top 5. Pedros career era+ is way ahead of anyone. The only negative is total innings. But at 30, he could still end up with 3,000 innings. Pedros numbers are just plain sick. 707 career win %, few close to that. 171 career era+ is tops. Gibsons era + is 127, very good. Gibsons career era was 2.91, on a high mound, in a pitchers era. The league era average for Bob was 3.70. Pedro beats Bob in career era, 2.62, pitching on a low mound, in a extreme hitters era. Pedros league average era is 4.48. Using peak years, Pedro blows Bob out of the water. Pedros last 6 years compare with anyone ever, plan off the charts.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby thehat » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:01 pm

Groundhog...no argument that Gibson was as feared as anyone who ever toed the rubber. But there's also no argument that Pedro has put up numbers that are astonishingly dominant. He's not as intimidating as Gibson. But if you're just talking about the fear factor, then Early Wynn, Drysdale and some other greats from the past have to be mentioned in the same breath. Just going by the numbers, Pedro is every bit as devastating, even more so in comparison to what everyone else is doing. Your comment about Pedro being a whiner and needing to bone up and be a man is just silly. It's a miracle his arm doesn't fall off considering his size. His career WHIP is roughly 1.00, his win pct is about .700...when you consider the era he's pitching in, those numbers defy logic.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers