Devil Rays are ridiculous - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Devil Rays are ridiculous

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby justinA » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:29 pm

bronxxbomber wrote:
Jenkins wrote:Can someone explain to me why in the world the D-Rays arent trying to get SP? We trade Brazelton only lessening our pitching depth. We have more offense than we can ever play. Can we not trade Huff and Baez for a good SP?
They want SP because what that have sucks. Outside of Kazmir who do they have. Brazelton has been a bust and it's better to flip him for something useful than let him waste on their team. They Rays could really use as much pitching talent as they can get.

He knows that. lol. He's asking why they aren't doing anything to acquire it.[/b]
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jenkins » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:31 pm

Maybe you should read my post again. I acknowledged that we have no SP. That is why I am wondering why we are not trying to get some. It makes no sense. We trade Brazelton who may have been a bust thus far, but do you remember a guy named JORGE SOSA. We traded him (who would be our ace now) for Nick Green who will never see the light of day. Brazelton has nasty potential, and could be at worst a good long reliever (which we need). So, why arent the D-Rays trying to sign up good SP?
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:55 pm

Jenkins wrote:Maybe you should read my post again. I acknowledged that we have no SP. That is why I am wondering why we are not trying to get some. It makes no sense. We trade Brazelton who may have been a bust thus far, but do you remember a guy named JORGE SOSA. We traded him (who would be our ace now) for Nick Green who will never see the light of day. Brazelton has nasty potential, and could be at worst a good long reliever (which we need). So, why arent the D-Rays trying to sign up good SP?

That is actually an easy question to answer. Pitching is extremely expensive, esp. now with the likes of Washburn getting 9+ M a year. Really good pitching cost a LOT of money. The DRays are not going to spend on anyone.
Now add in the fact that it is a lot easier to develop position players than pitchers. Which is why the Rays have a number of quality sticks, and not much in the way of arms.
And even if they wanted to spend oin free agent pitchers, who would come to TB unless they grossly overpaid.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:29 pm

How about Gaithright and Baenz for Kazmire?
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby perlick29 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:40 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:How about Gaithright and Baenz for Kazmire?

There's gotta be sarcasm here since all three of those people play for the rays... :-?
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:44 pm

perlick29 wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:How about Gaithright and Baenz for Kazmire?

There's gotta be sarcasm here since all three of those people play for the rays... :-?

What i meant to say was that i like this

Gaithright
Baez
for
L Milldge
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:28 am

Honestly though I wouldn't want another OF prospect, Granderson and a SP prospect for Baez isn't a bad deal at all. I'm not sure why people think Granderson is so great or anything, but he should be just an above avg. CF. Not to mention the SP prospect could be just some no name the Rays management like.

Zumaya on the other hand, who I'm still not a big fan of, has had his stock rise a lot lately so it was fairly obvious that they would say no. If the Rays asked for Zumaya and a SP prospect a year ago, the Rays might be the one saying no thanks, that's the funny thing with how prospects work. I wouldn't be surprised to see Zumaya crash and burn or just end up a good RP in the mold of maybe a better Baez. Of course though he is young and has that "potential" next to him.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:22 am

No, the Devil Rays are dumb. Have fun having 10 MLB capable outfielders (Baldelli, Gath, Crawford, Gomes, Young, Dukes, Huff, Hollins, Upton wherever you wanna put him, Hamilton maybe) with only 1 starting pitcher worth anything and who knows what wll become of Niemann now. Why not trade Huff to say the Twins or Pirates because they are gonna lose him anyways. Refreshing??? They are horribly managed and horribly ran.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 120)

Postby hybrid » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:12 pm

Havok1517 wrote:No, the Devil Rays are dumb. Have fun having 10 MLB capable outfielders (Baldelli, Gath, Crawford, Gomes, Young, Dukes, Huff, Hollins, Upton wherever you wanna put him, Hamilton maybe) with only 1 starting pitcher worth anything and who knows what wll become of Niemann now. Why not trade Huff to say the Twins or Pirates because they are gonna lose him anyways. Refreshing??? They are horribly managed and horribly ran.

Huh? Your taking this overboard for some reason. How is Dukes a capable MLB OF, there is nothing say he will pan out as he hasn't even had a taste yet. Huff is no capable OF, he is a decent 1B/should be left at DH power hitter. Hollins is nothing but a 5th OF on any respecting MLB ball club and Upton is still young enough to develope at SS/3B. So you basically just make up 5 other OF's to go with your first 5 listed, cause lord knows Hamilton can't even play minor league baseball ... let alone MLB.

Also they were horribly ran, we have new management now. So, maybe try giving them more then a month before labeling them as bad as the last management.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers