Dollar values for farm system players? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dollar values for farm system players?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dollar values for farm system players?

Postby bellings » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:05 pm

Does anyone do an auction league with a farm system? How do you assign dollar values to the farm players? I suppose that you could auction them off too, but I would prefer that part being a snake draft with the worst team going first. I am thinking about having the dollar amount go down as the draft picks go up. The #1 pick should get paid more than the #20 pick.

Also, what kind of salary cap adjustments are needed? I am thinking about doing a mixed league 12-team/30-man roster/10 minor leaguers. Any suggestions for salary cap?

I'm working on setting up a league this year, but I need to get the kinks worked out. Thanks for the help.
bellings
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stevethumb » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:07 pm

13 team NL only 3 yr cycle $26.00 budget.. we have an auction then 17 round snake secondary draft based on team finish from previous yr...for values we go by the original rotisserie bible...rd 1 $1.50 rds 2-6 1.00 rds 7-12 .50 rds 13-16 .20 rd 17 .10....gospel according to okrent/waggoner
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:32 pm

we are gonig to add this, this year(2nd year of auction keeper league) so we dont know how it will work out:

Minor League Draft 3 rounds in reverse order of standings. When they are "called up" during the season, every manger (besides the owner) throws out a blind bid or just says "pass". The owner can see this bid and he just has to match it and that player is his. That is also his keeper price. But if he chooses not to match or outbid it, the owner with the highest bid gets him for that keeper price and has to give the owner compensation (Draft picks, cash, waiver priority, etc.). After the season the new owner can keep keep him at that price, if he doesent then he is hit with a 10% to 20% cap penalty( still deciding which one). This is so he is not blocking the original owner from keeping the player. So if the player was $30 and the penalty was 10% then he would lose $3 from his cap for the upcoming season.
This is also a way of seeing whos active (is there somebody who doesent give a bid or even say "pass"?)

hope that helped and feel free to ask questions ;-D
Rubber Game Roster
ImageImage
whoseyourdaddy12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Mission: break the curse of the Chicago Cubs in Rubber Game

Postby looptid » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:45 am

stevethumb wrote:13 team NL only 3 yr cycle $26.00 budget.. we have an auction then 17 round snake secondary draft based on team finish from previous yr...for values we go by the original rotisserie bible...rd 1 $1.50 rds 2-6 1.00 rds 7-12 .50 rds 13-16 .20 rd 17 .10....gospel according to okrent/waggoner

Ditto, but $15... $10... $5... $2... $1.
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bellings » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:06 pm

Thanks guys. One more question:

How many teams can a league have in Yahoo?
bellings
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:38 pm

bellings wrote:Thanks guys. One more question:

How many teams can a league have in Yahoo?

up to 20 i think

which system are you going to use? undecided?
Rubber Game Roster
ImageImage
whoseyourdaddy12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Mission: break the curse of the Chicago Cubs in Rubber Game

Postby bellings » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:50 pm

I'm gonna use my message board for keeper related stuff, and setup a Yahoo league every year to do the inseason stuff. It's gonna be 6x6 ROTO with OPS/HOLDS as the extra cats. I think that I may do a 20 team league, if I can handle the work load as commish.

I like the idea of H2H, but these is just no way around the pitching games that people play. I'm trying to make the league realistic, so starting 25 SP's a week doesn't really fit that.

I'll put the link in my sig and post a message in the classifieds when I'm ready for people to start signing up.
bellings
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby looptid » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:42 am

You can, even in a head to head league, curb the number of pitchers people throw. Just require a weekly minimum and move to more rate stats. Like, instead of strikeouts, use strikeout-to-walk ratio. Emphasize good innnings over just innings.
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers