Is there an all baseball channel? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is there an all baseball channel?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is there an all baseball channel?

Postby eftda » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:17 pm

^topic^

cause i hate watching these lame dodger games (Giants fan here), i would rather see the indians, yankees, red sox, Giants, etc..

if not then we could start one .....
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:29 pm

I wish. I'd wouldn't leave the couch for 5 months a year. Empty delivery food containers everywhere, empty soda cans, sunflower seeds on the floor................welcome to heaven. :-B

Ah, just kidding. I really do wish there was an all baseball channel though. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:51 pm

There is. Get a dish, Direct TV. You wont ever go back to cable. Sure the BB package costs $, but if you love watching bb, its worth it. Some days i get 12 games. You almost always get 8 games, unless its a off day.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Siege1386 » Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:03 am

I hate having to watch all the damn Braves games!!!
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:40 am

I have the MLB Extra Innings package on Digital Cable. I've had 13 games on a day before, and usually 8 or more everyday. It's the greatest invention since toilet paper. I can flip from game to game to game, trying to hit it when one of my hitters is up to bat or sit and watch the game when one of my guys is on the hill. Plus I was watching last night when the Pirates (my favorite team--I know, I'm a masochist) won in the bottom of the 15th on a solo homer by Randall Simon. I live in Seattle and it used to be that the only time I'd ever see the Pirates was when they played the Braves. Now I get to watch them all the time (plus, I have Brian Giles). One of the best things about the package are late-night Dodger games, with Vin Scully. Listening to him call a game is like going back in time.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby tjhksig » Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:43 am

It's a damn shame when there's a f'ing GOLF channel, but no baseball channel. I don't mean like paying extra like MLB extra innings, but a baseball channel w/ classic games, fantasy angles, and general baseball stuff.

How much is that MLB extra innings? I'm afraid I'll forsake my social life for it.... :-o
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:53 am

I got it before the season started, so it was 20$ off at the time, $139 for the season.

ESPN Classic sometimes has old baseball games. I usually check that out when I'm going to sleep and sometimes catch a cool game. Recently, I watched a game in which Mark "The Bird" Fydrich's, in his rookie year, pitched against the Yankees. It was cool to see the hairdo's (and hairDON'TS--Oscar Gamble--biggest Afro in MLB history) and "The Bird's" antics on the mound. Another game I saw was the 1978 World Series game when Reggie Jackson hit 3 dingers. They had Nolan Ryan's 7th no-hitter on it recently also. If they ever show the 7th game of the 1992 NL Playoffs, when my Pirates lost in the bottom of the 9th on Francisco Cabrera's single to left, I might have to buy a new TV (after throwing a shoe through the TV screen).
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Return to Baseball Leftovers