Da Vinci Code Trailer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Da Vinci Code Trailer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby baseball6791 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:29 pm

Rirruto wrote:
bceagles04 wrote:I read it 3 years back and loved it.

The movie should be great!

Although DVC was great, I still think Angels and Demons was the better of the two...just my .02 cents

I agree, I liked A & D better myself. That would make an AMAZING movie if done right.

I agree, both were great books, I couldn't put them down, but I like A & D better also. Deception Point was really good and Digital Fortress was decent, probably the worst of his books. I'd like to see all of them made into movies ;-D

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:35 pm

Enjoyed both books, I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:28 pm

IMDB has a cast listing;it looks good. I have read the Code and maybe I will put his other books on my x-mas wish list.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382625/
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:15 am

The Da Vinci Code is the only Brown novel I've read. I liked it a lot but haven't gotten around to any of his other novels yet. Anyway I am convinced that Tom Hanks can pull off just about any role. I have my doubts about whether or not this book will transfer well to the screen but I'm sure Hanks will be awesome regardless.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:27 am

I had to read the DVC for one of my english classes here at college, I thought it was really good. I would hope it'll translate well into the movie. I might have to check out his other books. Not much of a reader of books, but if you're saying Angels & Demons is better, I'll have to read it.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JTWood » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:07 am

I won't see it. I refuse to do anything on purpose that directly benefits this guy.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:16 am

Never read DVC but read Angels and Demons. It was entertaining but I figured out who the murderer was half way through the book. I'm sure if DVC does well in the box office, they'll find a way to make Angels and Demons into a movie.

I think Caleb Carr's Alienist was a much better book. I don't think they are making that one a movie tho.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:12 pm

JTWood wrote:I won't see it. I refuse to do anything on purpose that directly benefits this guy.

Not a big fan of alternative religious theory?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WharfRat » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:16 pm

Yoda wrote:Never read DVC but read Angels and Demons. It was entertaining but I figured out who the murderer was half way through the book. I'm sure if DVC does well in the box office, they'll find a way to make Angels and Demons into a movie.

I think Caleb Carr's Alienist was a much better book. I don't think they are making that one a movie tho.

Agreed 100%. The Alienist was phenomenal, and the entire time I was reading it I kept thinking how perfect it would be as a movie, with Anthony Hopkins as Kreisler. The only downside is that as a movie, it probably wouldn't have all the intricacies and plot detail.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby acsguitar » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:04 pm

Coppermine wrote:
JTWood wrote:I won't see it. I refuse to do anything on purpose that directly benefits this guy.

Not a big fan of alternative religious theory?
hahah

I haven't read it but I saw a special about it on the history channel which was really interesting ;-D

Probably should read the book
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk