Nomar a Dodger - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nomar a Dodger

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby big shot » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:48 pm

there is a reason nomar only signed a one year deal. he wants to prove he can still be one of the best. its his contract year and hes playing for big money, i highley doubt he will spend much time on the dl. look what drew did in his contract year for the dodgers.
big shot
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:38 pm

big shot wrote:there is a reason nomar only signed a one year deal. he wants to prove he can still be one of the best. its his contract year and hes playing for big money, i highley doubt he will spend much time on the dl. look what drew did in his contract year for the dodgers.

He was in a similar situation last year (playing for a contract) and he missed 100 games.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:51 pm

Amazinz wrote:
big shot wrote:there is a reason nomar only signed a one year deal. he wants to prove he can still be one of the best. its his contract year and hes playing for big money, i highley doubt he will spend much time on the dl. look what drew did in his contract year for the dodgers.

He was in a similar situation last year (playing for a contract) and he missed 100 games.

a groin tear will do that to you... He's an injury risk but I think he is worth the gamble especially if you are the Dodgers.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:57 pm

Yoda wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

a groin tear will do that to you... He's an injury risk but I think he is worth the gamble especially if you are the Dodgers.

Whether or not it's a good gamble is debatable. We'll see. But having something to prove and being in a contract year have no bearing on whether or not he'll be injured which is what my comment was in response too.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:59 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

Whether or not it's a good gamble is debatable. We'll see. But having something to prove and being in a contract year have no bearing on whether or not he'll be injured which is what my comment was in response too.

Agreed I don't buy the contract year theory. It's absurd.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RynMan » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:35 pm

I don't think that he is worth the gamble - if he plays first base. There is cheaper production available without all of the variables. Is there any doubt that this signing was all about PR?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers