Lets talk Chicago Cubs Baseball! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Chicago Cubs

Lets talk Chicago Cubs Baseball!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lets talk Chicago Cubs Baseball!

Postby dcskater619 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:51 pm

what do you guys think is gonna happen with the cubs last 2 remaining question marks, 2nd base and right field?

Will they end up keeping Todd Walker for this year? i think he would be a perfect #2 hitter behind juan pierre and in front of Lee and Ramirez. Then again, Texas has been interested in Todd Walker as long as the Cubs have had him, and they just lost Soriano so im thinking maybe a Todd Walker/Jerome Williams or Todd Walker/prospect(s) for Kevin Mench deal could be in the works? I also wouldnt mind seeing them trade for Jose Vidro after they trade off Walker..Vidro was an all star back when he was healthy, and i think can still knock in 100 runs with 20+ homeruns. However, thats a longshot..

Regarding right field, I would like to see the Cubs get a guy like Mench without having to include Corey Patterson in the deal..I know Corey Patterson had a tough year, but he is a 5 tool player which are hard to come by now-a-day and has the potential to be Bobby Abreu like..I wouldnt mind seeing the Cubs enter the season with Patterson as a 4th outfielder on the bench, incase Matt Murton doesn't play as well as expected or whatever it may be..Patterson really frustrated me last season but i still like his potential and wouldn't like to see the cubs give him away for cheap. If patterson steps up like he did 2 years ago, he would fit nicely as the cubs #6 hitter if he took over Murton's job or ended up playing RF for the cubs sometime..

1. pierre
2. walker
3. lee
4. ramirez
5. mench? jacque?
6. patterson
7. barrett
8. cedeno

Although opening day im sure it will be Barrett batting 6th and Murton 7th
dcskater619
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dyuen87 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:54 pm

this really should go in the cubs forum or 2006 predictions, but.. just a thought here.

corey patterson will be eligible for free agency on tuesday. if the cubs dont offer a non-tendered contract to him.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/arti ... &fext=.jsp

not sure if the cubs will keep him.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dcskater619 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:57 pm

dyuen87 wrote:this really should go in the cubs forum or 2006 predictions, but.. just a thought here.

corey patterson will be eligible for free agency on tuesday. if the cubs dont offer a non-tendered contract to him.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/arti ... &fext=.jsp

not sure if the cubs will keep him.

Yeah, I think they will keep him though..Hendry still loves his potential as passed on some trade offers for Patterson already. I think Hendry brings him back and signs Jacque Jones for one year deal with a club option for 2nd year.
dcskater619
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:29 pm

Cubs won't release Corey, he still has a little trade value. As for next year there is still a huge hole in RF. I don't want J. Jones there although I suppose he'd be a better option than CP. Best case scenario is we work out a deal for Huff. Another rumor I've heard is possibly acquiring Shawn Green, I wouldn't be opposed to that at all. As of right now though it looks like it'll be either CP or JJ in RF to start the season :-P I'm not too optimistic about this year for the Cubs.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MrT » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:47 pm

I hear an interview w/ hendry. He all but said that Patterson would be gone. Walker is less of a problem than s.s. The outfield corners must improve. The Cubs will get another Burnitz type player that no one really wants. Don't expect anything profound.
MrT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 39)

Return to Chicago Cubs