Marte for Crisp close..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Marte for Crisp close.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Marte for Crisp close.....

Postby rotterdam_82 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:46 pm

Link

Update: Crisp is close to being dealt to Boston, the Lawrence Eagle-Tribune reports.

Recommendation: Cleveland would receive Guillermo Mota and Andy Marte for giving up Crisp. The deal is apparently contingent on the Tribe landing Nomar Garciaparra to play right field, although it could be done either way. This is pure speculation at this point, but we'll keep you posted.

Updated on Saturday, Dec 17, 2005 7:48 am EST

Crazy, Boston are giving Marte AND Mota? :-?
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Marte for Crisp close.....

Postby eftda » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:53 pm

rotterdam_82 wrote:Link

Update: Crisp is close to being dealt to Boston, the Lawrence Eagle-Tribune reports.

Recommendation: Cleveland would receive Guillermo Mota and Andy Marte for giving up Crisp. The deal is apparently contingent on the Tribe landing Nomar Garciaparra to play right field, although it could be done either way. This is pure speculation at this point, but we'll keep you posted.

has to be a prank

Crazy, Boston are giving Marte AND Mota? :-?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:52 pm

is it the nomar part that is speculation or is the whole thing speculation?
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:09 pm

Marte and Mota? I dont see this happening. Isnt Marte a top 5 prospect? The sox gave the Braves a significant amount of money and are now going to deal that prospect for a decent OF? I wouldnt even give up Mota for Crisp.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:30 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Marte and Mota? I dont see this happening. Isnt Marte a top 5 prospect? The sox gave the Braves a significant amount of money and are now going to deal that prospect for a decent OF? I wouldnt even give up Mota for Crisp.

I'd give up Mota for Crisp in a heartbeat if I was the Red Sox. Adding Marte, yeah that's too much... but Mota is overrated and Crisp would be a legit replacement in CF for Damon, if he isn't re-signed.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:48 pm

So Mota has one down yr and now he is overrated? Wasnt he one of the best set up pitchers in baseball 2 yrs ago with the Dodgers?
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:17 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:So Mota has one down yr and now he is overrated? Wasnt he one of the best set up pitchers in baseball 2 yrs ago with the Dodgers?

I think Mota is better than his value right now suggests, but if you wouldn't trade him for Coco Crisp then you're out of your mind.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:26 pm

Seeing as though the bullpen was a mess last yr, I think it is pivotal for the Sox to keep Mota. Even if the Sox dont sign Damon, I would rather have Mota. The Boston Herald has reported that the deal does not include Marte but either Arroyo or Clement, so the Mota point becomes moot.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Wozzyck » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:47 pm

rotterdam_82 wrote:Link

This is old news. The Lawrence Eagle-Tribune and Salem News (who originally printed the story yesterday) are owned by the same company so the same rumor is being recycled, a rumor which I don't think had much merit to begin with. The major papers have had over 24 hrs. to corroborate this report and haven't, still going with the Crisp for pitching rumors (which make much more sense). I wouldn't sweat it, Red Sox fans.
Wozzyck
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dcskater619 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:55 pm

I still think the Red Sox will re-sign Johnny Damon..I can't see them giving up Marte in a deal for Coco Crisp (I'm sure Mota was added to the rumored trade to even out the salaries)
dcskater619
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers