Ladies and Gentlemen Your 2005 Battle of Sports Movies Champ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Ladies and Gentlemen Your 2005 Battle of Sports Movies Champ

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:53 am

Big Pimpin wrote:I still want to know how Summer Catch and Fever Pitch made it in and Dodgeball and Brian's Song didn't. I boycotted the whole battle because of that. :-t

Hold on... WTF is Brian's Song?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:27 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:I still want to know how Summer Catch and Fever Pitch made it in and Dodgeball and Brian's Song didn't. I boycotted the whole battle because of that. :-t

Seriously??? 8-o

It's the true story of Brian Piccolo (sp?), a backup RB for the Chicago Bears. It involves his friendships (with Gale Sayers especially) and his fight against cancer. He was in his mid-20s and he had a wife and three young daughters. It was originally made in the 70s, then someone (ESPN or ABC maybe?) did a remake a couple years back. One of the best movies I've ever seen, sports or otherwise. If you haven't seen it, you have to see it.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:04 am

Big Pimpin wrote:
Tavish wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:
ur cool

:-? I remember using that comeback when I was in jr. high

Good for you. What do you want, a cookie?

I'd like a cookie! ;-D :-)

Chocolate Chip for me please. :-)

So the underdog pulled it off huh? Congrats Rocky! ;-D Shame the next Rocky movie will probably stink. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby WharfRat » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:55 am

Big Pimpin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Seriously??? 8-o

It's the true story of Brian Piccolo (sp?), a backup RB for the Chicago Bears. It involves his friendships (with Gale Sayers especially) and his fight against cancer. He was in his mid-20s and he had a wife and three young daughters. It was originally made in the 70s, then someone (ESPN or ABC maybe?) did a remake a couple years back. One of the best movies I've ever seen, sports or otherwise. If you haven't seen it, you have to see it.

Aye ;-D Brian's Song was definitely worthy of at least the Final Four status, but I'm guessing most of the younger guys haven't seen it, which would be a shame.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:09 am

WharfRat wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Seriously??? 8-o

Aye ;-D Brian's Song was definitely worthy of at least the Final Four status, but I'm guessing most of the younger guys haven't seen it, which would be a shame.

Yeah it's just a sign of the times I guess. Here I am ticked off that it's not included and most of the guys here seem to have not even heard of it. Everyone should see that movie.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby daullaz » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:49 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
WharfRat wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Seriously??? 8-o

Yeah it's just a sign of the times I guess. Here I am ticked off that it's not included and most of the guys here seem to have not even heard of it. Everyone should see that movie.

For true. They showed it to us in the 6th grade. If the school system isn't showing Brian's Song in the classroom anymore, I want my money back as a taxpayer.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:01 pm

I forgot about Brian's song...But I didn't really pay attention to this contest anyways. I'm trying to dedicate myself to making colorado the #1 state ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:08 am

Im gonna try to see Brians Song real soon.
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler