Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, Vladimir Guerrero - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, Vladimir Guerrero

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, Vladimir Guerrero

Postby Fantasybaseballfan24 » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:14 pm

Does anyone know when Randy Johnson, Vladimir Guerrero and Curt Schilling are due back?
Fantasybaseballfan24
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:10 pm

The last report that I read about RJ is that his best case scenario target return date is July 8. I wouldn't count on him being back by then, because these things always get delayed but it does look possible that you will get at least a couple months of production out of him. The concern is that the knee will be a recurring problem all year and will flare up after his starts causing him to miss starts and maybe eventually be shut down for the season.

Schilling is out until at least the all star break as a best case scenario. Again, don't count on that happening but the DBacks might be looking to trade him so want him back for a few starts to show he still has it. Vlad apparently will not likely need back surgery and the Expos said he could be back by the all star break. That's probably overly optimistic as well, but he could well be back in August giving you two months out of him. Even if he comes back at 80% of his form, he would be very productive, especially for h2h leagues that count on playoffs the last few weeks of the season. Don't expect him to be stealing bases though.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Wind Dancer » Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:10 pm

:-C The only thing we have for sure here in town is RJ back by July 7th...and boy..I sure hope so...he's been riding my DL bench for a long, long time.....
Schilling on the other hand(sorry...bad joke!) has changed return dates several times here in the papers...he still has a small loose cast on....so keep an eye on this situation..... ;-D
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...
Anytime you have a 50-50 pick between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong!
Wind Dancer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers