Thoughts on stadium... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Kansas City Royals

Thoughts on stadium...

Moderators: joshparrish, prodpaul, Baseball Moderators

Postby J35J » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:43 pm

kev921 wrote:
Tavish wrote:A downtown stadium sounds nice and all, but I would much rather them spend the money to overhaul the Complex. Go back to the original plan and add shops/resturants/entertainment venues around the outskirts of the parking lot. Put in a Chiefs/Royals Hall of Fame and Visitors Center out there and keep the lot open all the time.

Dumping 30,000 cars into downtown would be a traffic nightmare, especially if you run an Arena Football game, a concert or another event at the Sprint Center on the same day.

The Truman Sports complex has been there for over 30 years with relatively NO development. Downtown is currently under that kind of entertainment building boom and KC is not big enough for another entertainment district (Plaza, Westport & soon to be downtown). I live on the south western edge of the KC metro, it's too far to drive for shops/resturants/entertainment venues. To spend that kind of money, you need to build something that IS going to draw people for more than just the days of the games.

I work downtown and don't think (that if built downtown) will be a nightmare (although it won't be easy). Say capacity for a downtwon baseball stadium is 40,000, I doubt if there many times that a Royals game would get 20,000 cars.

Besides, we refurbish the stadiums now and in 5 to 10 years we'll be talking again about building a new stadium!

Your exactly right.

And a good % of those 20,000 cars will stay downtown after the game to go to a club or a restaraunt. Also a good % will be downtown way before the game, either coming straight from work or already being down there eating, shopping, etc before the game. I don't think it will be 20,000 cars in and 20,000 cars out. It won't be as bad as the nay sayers think, IMO. I'd love to go downtown for a few games a year! ;-D

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Kansas City Royals