King Kong - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

King Kong

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:04 pm

I'll definitely go see this, I've heard it's great. But this year I doubt any movie will beat Batman Begins in my eyes.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:30 am

With all the positive reviews, I just might have to see this one. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:40 pm

Three hours is long... but LotR movies were close to three hours and they were great.

First of all, and this is for you acs, if there's only one movie you see in the theaters all year, this should probably be it. I'm thinking that the scope of this movie will be lost at home. Personally, I never, ever go to see comedies in the movie theater. i don't think seeing comedies in a theater adds anything to them and that I have the same amount of enjoyment of them at home. Same with most dramas.

But films like this, just like the LOTR series, just HAVE to be seen on the big screen with the surround sound and the popcorn... I'm going to see it this afternoon and I've planned accordingly. I think 3 hours is long for any more, and I usually crap out after 2 on most, but that's typically because they're crappy.

This movie though is getting phenomenal reviews... this isn't just another Independence Day or, God forbid, Godzilla... do you know what the tomatometer gave it? A 92%. Wow!

Also, the 1976 version was complete and total garbage compared to the 1933 version which was practically made as an advertisement for the empire state building. This version is an homage to the original masterpiece and completely reject that 70's garbage version. That's why there's dinosuars in this one.

DINOSAURS!!!!

Anyway, I'm going this afternoon. I'm going to sneak in a lot of candy and wear comfortable pants, because I ain't got nothing else to do. So, I will return with my review this evening.

Rock on folks!
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JTWood » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:27 pm

I'm off to see this movie. I hope it's half as good as everyone here is saying.

;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby bronxxbomber » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:19 pm

just came from the movie. it was pretty good. was it a classic? nah, but it was definitely worth the money to watch. you won't even notice how long it is ;-7 (over 3 hours).
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:46 pm

bronxxbomber wrote:just came from the movie. it was pretty good. was it a classic? nah, but it was definitely worth the money to watch. you won't even notice how long it is ;-7 (over 3 hours).

Same here and ditto. It wasn't as good as Batman Begins - a movie I felt just had more quality to it - but it was a great action flick. Once the movie gets going on the island, it's like a roller coaster that just gets faster and faster.

Definitely worth the theatre money.

;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Coppermine » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:57 pm

I just got back from the movie myself... I LOVED IT.

The action, once it picked up, was non-stop. I mean, the action scenes were crazy! It's was unbelievable... It's not going to win greatest film of all time awards, but it's so worth checking out.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:06 pm

I was gonna skip this one...but you guy's have talked me into seeing it...I am going tomorrow afternoon...I'll let you know what I think.... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:22 am

Am I the only one who thinks Naomi Watts is gorgeous? I mean, yeah, Jessica Alba and Jessica Simpson are hot and all, but Naomi Watts is just distractingly gorgeous... is it just me? I love her... and her boobies, after I saw them in Mulholland Dr.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:06 am

Coppermine wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Naomi Watts is gorgeous?

You are definately not the only one...I can't wait to see what she looks like in this movie.... 8-o
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk