Bonderman or Kazmir? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonderman or Kazmir?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bonderman or Kazmir?

Postby bmd » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:42 pm

Who do you think will have the better 2006 - Jeremy Bonderman or Scott Kazmir. Also, as far as long term potential, who do you think will turn out to be the better picther to have on your team?
bmd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:08 pm

I personally like Bonderman better for 06 and for the long term.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Kazmir

Postby Dan Charette » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:59 pm

I'd have to go with Kazmir in the long haul. He had some great games. He pitched well at Fenway and Yankee stadium. As far as 2006, I think they are pretty even.
Dan the Bluesman B-)
Dan Charette
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:03 pm

I'll say Kazmir, just to be different. Different means your special.

Anyway, Kazmir should gain some control here, and hopefully not walk 100 batters in 186 IP next year. He's young, his control will improve.

Bonderman's walk rate isn't too bad for a youngin aka 2 years older than me still, but seems to be giving up alot of his.

Both these guys should be solid picks for next year, but hold off till later in the draft. neither player will get a lot of wins, and their WHIPs will really hurt.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:04 pm

I am a little bit biased on this question, but I would take Kazmir for the long haul :-D , but Bonderman for the 06 year
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chris8 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:16 pm

Bonderman for this year; probably Kazmir for long-term, but I'd like to see how he performs this year first.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:37 pm

RAmst23 wrote:I'll say Kazmir, just to be different. Different means your special.

Anyway, Kazmir should gain some control here, and hopefully not walk 100 batters in 186 IP next year. He's young, his control will improve.

Bonderman's walk rate isn't too bad for a youngin aka 2 years older than me still, but seems to be giving up alot of his.

Both these guys should be solid picks for next year, but hold off till later in the draft. neither player will get a lot of wins, and their WHIPs will really hurt.

I think the control was the deciding factor for me. Plus pitching in AL Central has to be easier than pitching in AL East for 06 or future. Bonderman has the better home field also.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Red Stripe » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:08 pm

I like Bonderman for this year and for the future. Neither will be absolute complete STUDS next year but I think both will provide some good production. Bonderman doesn't get very much run support sometimes and got a little inconsistent near the end of the season but if he could shake that off he could put up 6th-7th round numbers, possibly be a good 3rd or maybe 2nd pitcher in a fantasy rotation.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby so0perspam » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:04 pm

I'm with Bondy in '06 and the future.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Phatferd » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:30 pm

Bonderman this year by a lot and slightly over the long haul.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers