2B Rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2B Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Red Stripe » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:21 am

RynMan wrote:Utley is number one I think, and Brian Roberts is getting no love.

Roberts=fluke

And Tad Iguchi is getting no love, move him ahead of Loretta. He seems to be pretty underrated.

.278/.342/.438/.780 with 15 HR's, 15 SB's, 71 RBI's, and 74 R's is pretty good value for a 2nd basemen that is getting put in the bottom tiers of 2nd basemen rankings.

Also I like both Utley and Figgins ahead of Soriano with Utley at top.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Thursday » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:14 am

I will echo the sentiments of Utley at the top. Not trying to be a homer here, but Soriano got moved to a less hitter friendly park, as we all know. Utley should be a consistent producer.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:57 am

Outside of Figgins and Soriano, i wouldn't want to take any of these guys early on in a draft.

Roberts might be a fluke in the HR category, but he can still be a 2B who can hit .290, score 100 runs and steal ~25.

Castillo could be a good grab if he gets the SBs above 20.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby rotterdam_82 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:29 pm

go_jays_go wrote:Mike Lowell doesn't play 2nd base. ;-)

No, but he's elligable.
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby baseballnewb » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:52 pm

Loretta who doesn't steal and doesn't hit for much power but carries a low .300 avg is not all that exciting to me. SD is an average hitter's park as well, its built for guys like him so moving to Boston will not improve that part of his game much. The one advantage he has is his R/RBI will likely go up this year.

As for Roberts, I don't expect him to repeat in the HR's but he's far from a fluke. Many people including myself predicted an increase in HR's because of his doubles the previous year and the rest of his numbers were right in line with what was expected. His average will probably drop to the 290-300 range but he's far from useless. .290 hitter batting leadoff every day should get a lot of runs, gets decent RBI because of his doubles power and should steal 20+ bases... thats more valuable than Loretta is likely to be.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:33 pm

No way Soriano should be ranked that high if he stays in DC and they don't make changes in the ballpark. Homers will be under 25 and his average is likely to be in the .240 to .260 range. His R and RBI will drop, too, playing in the NL in that park, so look for those to be more like 80-85.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:06 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:No way Soriano should be ranked that high if he stays in DC and they don't make changes in the ballpark. Homers will be under 25 and his average is likely to be in the .240 to .260 range. His R and RBI will drop, too, playing in the NL in that park, so look for those to be more like 80-85.

I whole heartedly agree. I have Soriano ranked 7th right now in my preliminary 2b rankings for 2006, and he might even move down a few more spots before I get my rankings completed. So basically in other words, there is no way Soriano will be on any of my fantasy teams this year, and that is how I want it. ;-D ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cordscords » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:21 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:No way Soriano should be ranked that high if he stays in DC and they don't make changes in the ballpark. Homers will be under 25 and his average is likely to be in the .240 to .260 range. His R and RBI will drop, too, playing in the NL in that park, so look for those to be more like 80-85.

I whole heartedly agree. I have Soriano ranked 7th right now in my preliminary 2b rankings for 2006, and he might even move down a few more spots before I get my rankings completed. So basically in other words, there is no way Soriano will be on any of my fantasy teams this year, and that is how I want it. ;-D ;-D

7th? 8-o
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Danimal » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:24 pm

If the guy ahead of me picked Utley and I was left with Figgins, I'd be happy. Utley probably hasn't peaked yet, but Figgins does a lot right now.
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:34 pm

cordscords wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

7th? 8-o

yep and the more I look at these numbers here, the more he falls even further.

326 ABs
42 runs scored
73 hits
11 homers
16 stolen bases
224 BA
265 OBP
374 SLG

that was his road splits from 05. His 04 road splits do not look much better either, so now that he has left Arlington, I do believe his stats will plummet.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers