Bobby Crosby -Over or Under - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bobby Crosby -Over or Under

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Half Massed » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:24 am

I think he'll be right around your projections assuming health and all. He took a great step in the right direction last year. This says it all:

K/BB ratio:
2004: 141/58 in 545 ABs
2005: 54/35 in 333 ABs. That would be approx. 89/58 in 549 ABs.

Assuming extrapolation, 52 less K's with the same amount of walks is a big reason for the improvement last year and it should continue. Despite his HR numbers dropping last year (9 as opposed to 22 the year before), his SLG actually rose from .426 to .456. I think if he can stay healthy and get into a good rhythm next year in Oakland's improved offense, he should match your projections, if not exceed them slightly. Although as Ryn said, I wouldn't count on any significant amount of SBs.
Image
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4084
Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Busting ghosts

Re: Bobby Crosby -Over or Under

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:55 am

MrT wrote:Now that he may be healthy will he produce or continue as an under achiever.

Your thoughts on whether he meets these numbers:

285 avg, 22 hr, 85 rbi 10 sb


over .285

over 22 hr

over 85 rbi

over 10 SB

over everything, but not by much ;-D
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1790
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On the Golf Course

Postby MrT » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:05 am

I read he will bat third, but that could change depending if Oakland signs another bat or becomes enamored with Bradly.
MrT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 577
(Past Year: 39)
Joined: 27 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:53 pm

MrT wrote:I read he will bat third, but that could change depending if Oakland signs another bat or becomes enamored with Bradly.


You could be right. He batted 3rd for much of 2005 when he was healthy. But personally I don't think that he is the best hitter the A's have, I'd hit him 5 until he shows that he can pick up where he left off.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby rotterdam_82 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:44 pm

RynMan wrote:
MrT wrote:I read he will bat third, but that could change depending if Oakland signs another bat or becomes enamored with Bradly.


You could be right. He batted 3rd for much of 2005 when he was healthy. But personally I don't think that he is the best hitter the A's have, I'd hit him 5 until he shows that he can pick up where he left off.


I'd bat him 4th, behind Chavez. Maybe 5th if Swisher can put it together. But you likely know a heck of a lot more than me about how Billy's mind works these days.
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1945
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bobby Crosby -Over or Under

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:10 pm

MrT wrote:Now that he may be healthy will he produce or continue as an under achiever.

Your thoughts on whether he meets these numbers:

285 avg, 22 hr, 85 rbi 10 sb


under 285
22 HR
85 RBI
under 10 SB
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Music2004Man » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:45 pm

With this lineup I could see Crosby hitting 3rd with Chavez 4th and Bradley 5th. That really depends on what they do with the rest of their offseason and if they are able to land Thomas.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1092
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:02 pm

Music2004Man wrote:With this lineup I could see Crosby hitting 3rd with Chavez 4th and Bradley 5th. That really depends on what they do with the rest of their offseason and if they are able to land Thomas.


How bout Dan Johnson?
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Oakland at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact