BUSS Round 1 - Oregon vs. West Virginia - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

BUSS Round 1 - Oregon vs. West Virginia

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Oregon or West Virginia?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:25 pm

Oregon
29
88%
West Virginia
4
12%
 
Total votes : 33

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:47 pm

Oregon and New Jersey are the only states without self-serve gas stations


no way :-o
is this true?
Full service gas stations?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31634
(Past Year: 1151)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:26 pm

My east coast bias comes out in me and I vote for West Virginia :-D
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby prodpaul » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:49 am

Oregon
Image

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2475
Joined: 22 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Kansas City, MO

Postby ironman » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:24 am

wrveres wrote:
Oregon and New Jersey are the only states without self-serve gas stations


no way :-o
is this true?
Full service gas stations?


My uncle in NYC explained the Jersey one to me once, but I completely forgot what he said. He tends to ramble a lot so we tune him out. Is there an Oregon or Jersey person in the house?
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 97)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby Coppermine » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:42 am

ironman wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Oregon and New Jersey are the only states without self-serve gas stations


no way :-o
is this true?
Full service gas stations?


My uncle in NYC explained the Jersey one to me once, but I completely forgot what he said. He tends to ramble a lot so we tune him out. Is there an Oregon or Jersey person in the house?


Well, I can tell you all Jersey gas stations are full service. Yep, that's right, Jersey doesn't want you pumping your own gas. It's also extremely annoying and more expensive. I think they started doing it an effort to create jobs, but honestly, if you know anyone from Jersey, you probably don't want them pumping their own gas anyway. Expect gas on the NJ turnpike to be 25% more expensive than anywhere else in the country. I don't know about Oregon though.

As for the battle, I can tell you that there is a good possibility that West Virginia is the worst state.... especially if you don't like rednecks. It is quickly becoming the state with the lowest median household income, second only to Mississippi (big surprise). There isn't a flat piece of land anywhere in the state and although they have a great university, all the "cool kids" that go there are from out of state. Otherwise it's just locals who need a college degree to feel better about being a rock farmer.

Wheeling is quite possibly dirtier than Scranton... and I once stopped at a Hardee's in Frackville, home to a huge prison, and they screwed up my order.

Damn you West Virginia.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby ironman » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:54 am

Coppermine wrote:
ironman wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Oregon and New Jersey are the only states without self-serve gas stations


no way :-o
is this true?
Full service gas stations?


My uncle in NYC explained the Jersey one to me once, but I completely forgot what he said. He tends to ramble a lot so we tune him out. Is there an Oregon or Jersey person in the house?


Well, I can tell you all Jersey gas stations are full service. Yep, that's right, Jersey doesn't want you pumping your own gas. It's also extremely annoying and more expensive. I think they started doing it an effort to create jobs, but honestly, if you know anyone from Jersey, you probably don't want them pumping their own gas anyway. Expect gas on the NJ turnpike to be 25% more expensive than anywhere else in the country. I don't know about Oregon though.

As for the battle, I can tell you that there is a good possibility that West Virginia is the worst state.... especially if you don't like rednecks. It is quickly becoming the state with the lowest median household income, second only to Mississippi (big surprise). There isn't a flat piece of land anywhere in the state and although they have a great university, all the "cool kids" that go there are from out of state. Otherwise it's just locals who need a college degree to feel better about being a rock farmer.

Wheeling is quite possibly dirtier than Scranton... and I once stopped at a Hardee's in Frackville, home to a huge prison, and they screwed up my order.

Damn you West Virginia.


A co-worker of mine lived in WV during his high school years. He said his first day on the bus that parctically every person was chewing tobacco, and that goes for the ladies. 8-o :-P

Oh, and nice Soda Popinski avatar! ;-D
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 97)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby stevethumb » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:37 am

i drove thru west virginia one night....it was freakin' scary
Image
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 4041
Joined: 2 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: cloud 9

Postby ironman » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:21 pm

This could be the biggest blowout of the tourney. That is of course until North Dakota's match comes up.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 97)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:36 pm

Jersey is stupid....I hate not pumping my own gas
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby luckygehrig » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:09 am

Oregon is full of hippies, which is why you can't pump your own gas. Dirty hippies. :-P Once again, I gotta vote for my fellow rednecks. WV.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1633
Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Nevada

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CBIattethy, unioreimi and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Apr. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Boston
(11:05 am)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Arizona at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact