100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

1B Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:22 pm

dyuen87 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:
Yoda wrote:By looking at these I think Huff will be a pretty good bargain in 06.

i like him in '06 too, but somewhat depends on where he ends up. the devil rays are shopping him around.

I think that it's good he is leaving TB...

yeah and if he ends up in KC or something, not very good for his value. but if he ends up on the Mets or something his value will go up.

Tampa Bay weren't exactly a AAA batting lineup - it's not like he didn't get a chance to put up solid numbers. The protection was there, the runners were there, he just sucked. I don't see his value as automatically being better if he goes to New York - that's a great pitcher's park. On paper in 2005, the Met's lineup looked alot better on paper than the Rays' did, but they weren't. If Huff leaves Tampa and goes to the Mets, I say his value remains the same.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Thursday » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:16 am

Just curious here...

Howard's awful low... do we expect him to be a huge bargain for next year? Once again, the homer effect can be put into play here, but Howard should be higher than Sexson, at least!
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:50 am

Thursday wrote:Just curious here...

Howard's awful low... do we expect him to be a huge bargain for next year? Once again, the homer effect can be put into play here, but Howard should be higher than Sexson, at least!

Why? Sexson was around the 6th best 1B last year. He hit 39 HRs and had 121 RBIs with an alright avg of .263. Howard hasn't had a full MLB season yet, so ranking him to far ahead of proven hitters isn't something I'm gonna do.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Yoda » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:08 am

RynMan wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:
Yoda wrote:By looking at these I think Huff will be a pretty good bargain in 06.

i like him in '06 too, but somewhat depends on where he ends up. the devil rays are shopping him around.

I think that it's good he is leaving TB...

yeah and if he ends up in KC or something, not very good for his value. but if he ends up on the Mets or something his value will go up.

Tampa Bay weren't exactly a AAA batting lineup - it's not like he didn't get a chance to put up solid numbers. The protection was there, the runners were there, he just sucked. I don't see his value as automatically being better if he goes to New York - that's a great pitcher's park. On paper in 2005, the Met's lineup looked alot better on paper than the Rays' did, but they weren't. If Huff leaves Tampa and goes to the Mets, I say his value remains the same.

He sucked in the first half but he picked up in the second half. He had two good seasons prior to a crappy 1st half in 05. He's going to be good in 06.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers