1B Rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

1B Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:18 pm

kentx12 wrote:
RynMan wrote:I would drop Delgado, mainly because I think Shea will take a toll on his numbers. Call me crazy but I might take Howard over Giambi in the bandbox that he plays in.

Even if Delgado looses some of his hr's I still dont see anything else dropping and maybe even the Avg and Rbi's going up a little in Shea. He had a decent lineup around him last year but he is going to be in an allstar lineup this year that still could get even better before the start of the season. I dont believe he looses any value in this move to the Mets.

Delgado moved from Florida to New york, i think thats actually an improvement in terms of the park factor. Plus now he has Beltran and Reyes to drive in and maybe Wright and Floyd to hit him in.

He hit .301 in '05 which was only the 3rd time in 10 full seasons in the majors he hit over .300. He is a .284 career hitter. What makes you think his AVG will actually improve in Shea? Apparently (correct me if I'm wrong as I'm sure someone will) in Shea visibility is an issue, which is in part why it is a great pitcher's park.

Why would his RBI's increase? In 2005 here is who hit in front of him:

Castillo - .391 OBP
Pierre - .326 OBP
Cabrera - .385 OBP

In 2006, if he hits 3 (which you are suggesting), these guys will be in front of him (2005 OBP's):

Pitcher
Reyes - .300 OBP
Beltran - .330 OBP

Even if you factor in that Beltran returns his OBP to around a .360 clip, that still leaves the pitcher, Reyes and Beltran in front of him. How does that improve his RBI opportunities?

If the Mets get a clue and hit David Wright 3, then maybe there is an argument here.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:45 am

My bad i thought you were specifically talking about power numbers, in terms of the park factor. And also Delgado had Juan Encarnacion hitting behind him last year, this year is gonna be different, as of now im not sure who it is but even Floyd is much better than Encarnacion. Plus if you are pointing to statistics where Delgado is hitting clean up in Florida then please you must assume that Wright is hitting 3.

P.S in my last post i say "Maybe Wright and Floyd" meaning that im not sure if Wright will bat 3 or 5.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:10 am

The_Met_Threat wrote:Plus if you are pointing to statistics where Delgado is hitting clean up in Florida then please you must assume that Wright is hitting 3.

I musn't assume that. If Delgado hits 3 this year with the Mets, he will have those guys in front of him. I was arguing that his RBI's will go down as a result - I don't have to assume Delgado will hit 4 in comparing projected RBI's, because as of right now...he isn't. If he hits 4, and Wright hits 3, AND Beltran returns to .360 OBP, AND Reyes learns how to take some pitches.....then I think his RBI's will be about even.

He will score more Runs in 06, no doubt because the Marlins were horrible after the 4th spot.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Philly Pride » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:57 pm

My 1B Rankings

1. Pujols
2. Texeira
3. Lee
4. Ortiz
5. Berkman
6. Helton
7. Hafner (only because of Util-only elig)
8. Konerko
9. Dunn
10. Delgado
11. Giambi
12. Howard
13. Sexson
14. Huff
15. Thome
16. Casey
17. Shelton
18. Overbay
19. Dan Johnson
20. Mike Sweeney
21. Justin Morneau
22. Prince Fielder
23. Adam LaRoche
24. Jay Gibbons
25. Dmitri Young
Philly Pride
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:23 pm

By looking at these I think Huff will be a pretty good bargain in 06.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dyuen87 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:32 pm

Yoda wrote:By looking at these I think Huff will be a pretty good bargain in 06.

i like him in '06 too, but somewhat depends on where he ends up. the devil rays are shopping him around.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:44 pm

dyuen87 wrote:
Yoda wrote:By looking at these I think Huff will be a pretty good bargain in 06.

i like him in '06 too, but somewhat depends on where he ends up. the devil rays are shopping him around.

I think that it's good he is leaving TB...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dyuen87 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:48 pm

Yoda wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:

I think that it's good he is leaving TB...

yeah and if he ends up in KC or something, not very good for his value. but if he ends up on the Mets or something his value will go up.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:32 pm

there are some great values there
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby RAmst23 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:10 pm

Philly Pride wrote:My 1B Rankings

1. Pujols
2. Texeira
3. Lee
4. Ortiz
5. Berkman
6. Helton
7. Hafner (only because of Util-only elig)
8. Konerko
9. Dunn
10. Delgado
11. Giambi
12. Howard
13. Sexson
14. Huff
15. Thome
16. Casey
17. Shelton
18. Overbay
19. Dan Johnson
20. Mike Sweeney
21. Justin Morneau
22. Prince Fielder
23. Adam LaRoche
24. Jay Gibbons
25. Dmitri Young

I agree that there's plenty of bargains here. Thome IMO career isn't over, and will have a fine year next season. He'll be DHing and can sit back and slug some runs in. Morneau might come through and be the big hitter everyone thought he would be. Also agree that Huff will be a good hitter this upcoming season. 1B seems to be deep with plenty of sleepers.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers