Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby zhutou » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:11 pm

antonio perez is pretty good too. nice trade. ;-D
zhutou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ramble2 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:20 pm

Wow, when I saw the email from the A's with the subject line: "A's trade for big bat" all I could think of was "bye-bye Zito." Good trade for the A's. Ethier could be okay, but better to have bird in hand. Even if that bird is prone to biting off a finger or two.

Bradley should be fine in Oakland. It's low pressure and he won't be expected to take on any leadership role.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Kingsac » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:34 pm

Best part is we didn't have to give up any of our pitching, or anyone from our 2006 roster. This really makes the A's better in a number of respects, with Bradley getting on base a ton should make Chavez's value increase.

This is the kind of trade that can win a division.
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:10 pm

You mean til Bradley has another episode requiring anger management class?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:17 pm

Am I the only one that thinks the A's will now ship Kotsay (and his somewhat hefty contact) to the Yankees? The A's had interest in shipping him to NYY even when they didn't have Bradley. Just a thought, but all things aside andother great move if Bradley finally can grow up.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby RynMan » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:34 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks the A's will now ship Kotsay (and his somewhat hefty contact) to the Yankees? The A's had interest in shipping him to NYY even when they didn't have Bradley. Just a thought, but all things aside andother great move if Bradley finally can grow up.

Not a bad idea, but the only problem would be that the Yankees don't really have a great deal to offer the A's. Personally I don't see Kotsay moving - the A's extended his contract (either this year or last)....how often do they actually do that? He's obviously in their long-term plans.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby jstbuch » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:21 am

Andre Ethier is certainly not some mediocre prospect. He is one of the a's top outfield prospects. he was mvp of the texas league. he was the all star game mvp and won the home run derby in AA.

As I dodgers fan I love bradley and perez. I think the dodgers could have gotten a lot more for perez alone. The dodgers, however, are deep in in field prospects and have a weak outfield system.
jstbuch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby brandnew » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:52 am

Wow... what a horrible move for the Dodgers. Trading Bradley for a 4th OF is one thing, but trading away a young, versatile middle infielder with a pretty nice bat is just bad.

Colletti looks like a really bad GM. First the signing of an unecessary Middle Infielder "just to make a splash" to a ridiculous salary, and now a very bad trade. Damn Dodgers should have just kept Depo, at least his moves had the potential to pan out significantly (Penny, Drew). But hey, Colletti isn't linked with the Moneyball book, so he must be a step in the right direction! ;-7
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RynMan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:53 am

brandnew wrote: But hey, Colletti isn't linked with the Moneyball book, so he must be a step in the right direction! ;-7

:-b
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby brandnew » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:55 am

Nice sig Ryn, where is that?
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers