Anyone know about DVD/DVR/VHS recorders? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anyone know about DVD/DVR/VHS recorders?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone know about DVD/DVR/VHS recorders?

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:44 am

Looking for a good DVD/DVR which hopefully can act as a VHS to DVD unit. Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anyone know about DVD/DVR/VHS recorders?

Postby Coppermine » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:16 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Looking for a good DVD/DVR which hopefully can act as a VHS to DVD unit. Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks.

Recommendation:

1. Throw out all VHS's
2. Buy standaole DVD player
3. Replace VHS's with DVD's

That's probably going to be cheaper in the short run anyway, depending how many VHS movies you want to convert. If they're home movies though from a camcorder, I'm pretty sure there is a way that you can hook a DVD recorder up to a VCR and record VHS tapes to DVD that way.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:22 pm

I already have a DVD player setup and really do not use VHS anymore. I am looking for something to that will act as a DVR unit/Tivo unit and allow you to burn programs to DVD.

At the same time, I have a boat load of camcorder tapes and other VHS stuff I would like to transfer to DVD. I can do it using my PC with a VCR hooked up to my video capture board, but it is a brutally slow and painful process. I was hoping to get something that can perform the DVR function and take care of the transfer over of VHS tapes for me at the same time.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:01 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:I already have a DVD player setup and really do not use VHS anymore. I am looking for something to that will act as a DVR unit/Tivo unit and allow you to burn programs to DVD.

At the same time, I have a boat load of camcorder tapes and other VHS stuff I would like to transfer to DVD. I can do it using my PC with a VCR hooked up to my video capture board, but it is a brutally slow and painful process. I was hoping to get something that can perform the DVR function and take care of the transfer over of VHS tapes for me at the same time.

If you have component output cables for your camcorder you can just run that into the input on the DVD recorder you get and treat it just like you would if the TV/Cable was your source. As for recorders, I've had pretty good luck with the Magnavox I picked up at Circuit City about a year ago I guess, but I got it for about $180. :-?
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Return to General Talk