Lastings Milledge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Lastings Milledge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:00 pm

Seems like he can't make up his mind...I guess we shall see, soon enough.... :-?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:54 pm

Did anyone catch Wille say on WFAN that Lastings has a below-average arm? I thought he was supposed to be a 5-tool player?
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:00 pm

Yea. I think there was some ulterior motive behind that statement. Not sure what it would be but that's the only thing that makes sense to me.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby j24jags » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:31 pm

Yea that made no sense, from what we've seen so far he's got a gun. :-?
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:09 pm

Do we know for sure if he's going to be sent down or not? I have him in a couple redraft leagues as a spare OF, and am looking to make room on my rosters. If he's out as soon as Floyd is back (and heck, he sat for Chavez yesterday), it makes it a pretty easy decision.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby j24jags » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:01 pm

In Newsday today it said. Willie and Omar agreed that Nady is the right fielder and Floyd is the left fielder. Milledge has to play so he will go where he will play.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:31 pm

j24jags wrote:In Newsday today it said. Willie and Omar agreed that Nady is the right fielder and Floyd is the left fielder. Milledge has to play so he will go where he will play.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with this as well. We'll definitely see him again sooner rather than later, but for now, it looks like he will end up in AAA barring another unforseen injury.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Milledge for Zito?

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:27 am

A lot of trade talk is speculating that the A's would trade Zito for Milledge; and many analysts think the Mets should do it. They're making a world series run this year for sure, and one more top pitcher would likely give them a good shot at it... I say do it.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:09 am

If only Boras wasn't his agent, I'd say do this and sign him immediately. But as it stands now, Zito is definitely going to test the FA market, and if we don't resign him this will be a bad deal, IMO.

I would rather stay pat until after the deadline, and then claim a guy like Livan off waivers. I'd be happy with Livan as my 4 and Maine (in all likelihood) as the 5, with El Duque as a RP in the playoffs and Pelfry being sent down until at least Sept 1st to hone his skills some more.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby Broncmet724 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:59 am

I hear that Beane might also accept a package for Zito based around Heilman. And that Omar's biggest desire to acquire would be another reliever.
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to New York Mets