Joey Gathright - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Joey Gathright

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Joey Gathright

Postby WebHamster » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:50 pm

This thread contains comments on Arlo Vander's Sleeper "Joey Gathright", which was featured in the Cafe's Sleepers section on December 12, 2005. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 557)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:47 pm

if Gathright gets the CF Job in Florida he won't be a sleeping for very long.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:21 am

Trading him to the Marlins makes zero sense. Do the D-rays think that they are making a run at it this year or are they going to take a prospect for a prospect? Make some room for him in the OF and let him play.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:40 pm

Florida does have a lot of pitching prospects now. :-?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Arlo » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:54 pm

wrveres wrote:if Gathright gets the CF Job in Florida he won't be a sleeping for very long.

Agreed - that's why we decided to feature him as a sleeper now, before any deals go down. ;-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:19 pm

It would be my honor to trade Gathright for a pitching prospect especially some of those in the Marlins organization. Gathright himself is a interesting ball player as he is widely known for his speed and jumping over cars ability :-b (what that has to do with baseball I don't know though) :-? , but most people don't realize he is a lazy defensive player and shows little hustle or love for the game. I personally think that he sucks and would take a prospect for him right now, but several of my Drays brethren like him quite a bit and think he should be allowed to show his stuff this year in Tampa and then moved next offseason for some solid pitching.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:45 am

If he does land in Florida and starts, he could put up some very nice steal totals. Good guy to have in the sleeper column right now. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:37 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:It would be my honor to trade Gathright for a pitching prospect especially some of those in the Marlins organization. Gathright himself is a interesting ball player as he is widely known for his speed and jumping over cars ability :-b (what that has to do with baseball I don't know though) :-? , but most people don't realize he is a lazy defensive player and shows little hustle or love for the game. I personally think that he sucks and would take a prospect for him right now, but several of my Drays brethren like him quite a bit and think he should be allowed to show his stuff this year in Tampa and then moved next offseason for some solid pitching.

Ditto. From the few games I saw him this season I wasn't overly impressed. The OF is crowded already so why not move him for what you really need?
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Return to Article Discussions