100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Padilla traded to Rangers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GameOn » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:24 pm

slomo007 wrote:
John Bonzo wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that outside of Danks, Texas doesn't have a single legit pitching prospect.

Dont forget Thomas Diamond (very likely better than Danks)!

And Hudgins isnt bad.

You're right, I forgot about Diamond. I am not impressed with Hudgins thus far, but I admit I know the least about him of the 3.

And Phatferd, comparing Rodriguez to Padilla is laughable. Have you seen Rodriguez's major league stats in the past few years?? He flat out sucks - no nicer way to put it. He has been given the chance - repeatedly, and failed everytime.

I personally think that Dominguez has a chance to be a pretty good starter, he was lights out for many games after the all-star break. As for Benoit...I like him in long relief, I would like to see the rangers just keep him there. The thing about Benoit is if he can get through the first inning, then he should have a good outing...it's just that first inning that kills him. As for Ricardo...if this is his final year before FA then I don't have a problem with it, but I think he still has a couple years. He has had bright moments over the last 2 years.

As for prospects...Eric Hurley is a pretty good lower level prospect that no one talks about. Wes Littleton isn't bad either. Volquez has all the hype, but I'm not sure if he will pan out. And I also saw Nick Masset pitch last year in AA, his stats may not be very good but he has some really good stuff. He was lights out in the game that I saw him pitch, he is pretty big guy too.

I also read that the PTNBL was between Rodriguez and a lower level infield prospect. Hopefully they aren't trading Arias for Padilla, because he is a pretty good prospect.
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:59 am

Have to admit I'm not overly thrilled to give up Ricardo (if in fact that's who it is), but I wouldn't be too upset either. I think Ricardo's got some potential and could figure it out, but we certainly need changes to the pitching staff here in Texas. Should be interesting to see if in fact it's Ricardo, and how Padilla pans out. :-)

I do like getting Padilla though. He's not the savior of our starting rotation, and not the answer to all our problems, but he should at the very least be serviceable (even in Ameriquest), and have solid upside potential if he can remain healthy.

I also seriously doubt this is the last deal Texas will be making. Still tons of trading chips left, and still in big need of more pitching, so this is going to be fun. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:25 am

Madison wrote: Have to admit I'm not overly thrilled to give up Ricardo (if in fact that's who it is), but I wouldn't be too upset either. I think Ricardo's got some potential and could figure it out, but we certainly need changes to the pitching staff here in Texas. Should be interesting to see if in fact it's Ricardo, and how Padilla pans out. :-)

I do like getting Padilla though. He's not the savior of our starting rotation, and not the answer to all our problems, but he should at the very least be serviceable (even in Ameriquest), and have solid upside potential if he can remain healthy.

I also seriously doubt this is the last deal Texas will be making. Still tons of trading chips left, and still in big need of more pitching, so this is going to be fun. :-)

Image :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers