Padilla traded to Rangers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Padilla traded to Rangers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:19 pm

RynMan wrote:I wonder why the Phillies did this deal. They don't have enough pitching to be trading it away. Nice move by the Rangers.

I agree ..

I think the PTBNL is going to be something decent.
There will be more to this deal. I think that Philly probably had a couple of guys hey were interested in and as soon as Texas makes another move, then the PTBNL to Philly will be sorted out.

this is kind of odd on Phillys part though
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:20 pm

GameOn wrote:I just read on Rotoworld that ken Rosenthal thinks the PTBNL is Ricardo Rodriguez. If this is the case I'm not sure that this was such a good move on the Rangers behalf. Ricardo could probably be just as good as Padilla next year, at a fraction of the costs.

that makes even less sense
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby slomo007 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:38 pm

GameOn wrote:I just read on Rotoworld that ken Rosenthal thinks the PTBNL is Ricardo Rodriguez. If this is the case I'm not sure that this was such a good move on the Rangers behalf. Ricardo could probably be just as good as Padilla next year, at a fraction of the costs.

I would still be thrilled with the deal. Ricardo Rodriguez, Joaquin Benoit, Juan Dominguez - they all suck. :-P

I have come to the conclusion that outside of Danks, Texas doesn't have a single legit pitching prospect.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Another Blown Save » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:30 am

The fact that Padilla may be the best starting pitcher for the Rangers is scary 8-o
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby John Bonzo » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:31 am

slomo007 wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that outside of Danks, Texas doesn't have a single legit pitching prospect.

Dont forget Thomas Diamond (very likely better than Danks)!

And Hudgins isnt bad.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Phatferd » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:33 am

slomo007 wrote:

I would still be thrilled with the deal. Ricardo Rodriguez, Joaquin Benoit, Juan Dominguez - they all suck. :-P

This is kind of funny because earlier this afternoon when I heard about this deal, I though Padilla has "stuff", but hasn't been able to harness it. I then thought that Rodriguez and Benoit were in the exact same position.

They all have "stuff", however, they have never put it all together.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:47 am

Padilla is always getting hurtand in Arlington, I can;t imagine he will be any good.
Still, it's not a bad gamble as they can let Padilla walk after 06 if they want.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Phatferd » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:06 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Padilla is always getting hurtand in Arlington, I can;t imagine he will be any good.
Still, it's not a bad gamble as they can let Padilla walk after 06 if they want.

It depends what they gave up. I see this a lot like the Angels with Romero. If they give up some Minor Leaguer who probably won't see the light of day with the Ranger's then its a good deal. If they gave up Rodriguez, then I don't like it. I think they will produce similarly, but Rodriguez is a lot cheaper.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:16 am

John Bonzo wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

And Hudgins isnt bad.

You're right, I forgot about Diamond. I am not impressed with Hudgins thus far, but I admit I know the least about him of the 3.

And Phatferd, comparing Rodriguez to Padilla is laughable. Have you seen Rodriguez's major league stats in the past few years?? He flat out sucks - no nicer way to put it. He has been given the chance - repeatedly, and failed everytime.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Phatferd » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:24 pm

slomo007 wrote:
John Bonzo wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

And Hudgins isnt bad.

You're right, I forgot about Diamond. I am not impressed with Hudgins thus far, but I admit I know the least about him of the 3.

And Phatferd, comparing Rodriguez to Padilla is laughable. Have you seen Rodriguez's major league stats in the past few years?? He flat out sucks - no nicer way to put it. He has been given the chance - repeatedly, and failed everytime.

As has Padilla.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers