New Sports Fanatics rankings up... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

New Sports Fanatics rankings up...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Valman » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:02 pm

[quote="Yoda"]What an awful list. All I need to do is look at the top 10 SP on these lists to determine whether they are serious or not.

Carpenter is #2? Felix at #6? Patterson at #12? Prior would need to miss a ton of time to rank at #21.

Look at where Millwood is ranked and tell me you would seriously take all those guys ahead of him. This list is a joke.[/quote]

Yoda - Can you do any better? I doubt it!
Valman
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Valman » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:11 pm

[quote="Yoda"]What an awful list. All I need to do is look at the top 10 SP on these lists to determine whether they are serious or not.

Carpenter is #2? Felix at #6? Patterson at #12? Prior would need to miss a ton of time to rank at #21.

Look at where Millwood is ranked and tell me you would seriously take all those guys ahead of him. This list is a joke.[/quote]

Valman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chris8 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:31 pm

Valman wrote:

Personally, I think Yoda & about 90% of people here at the cafe could do better.

Even taking into account it is a starting point, there are some serious flaws with these rankings.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 117)

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:34 pm

chris8 wrote:
Valman wrote:

Personally, I think Yoda & about 90% of people here at the cafe could do better.

Even taking into account it is a starting point, there are some serious flaws with these rankings.

I agree, I don't know Yoda that well, but I have confidence in him making a better list then this ;-D ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby djacks » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:37 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
chris8 wrote:
Valman wrote:

I agree, I don't know Yoda that well, but I have confidence in him making a better list then this ;-D ;-D

It wouldn't be hard...
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Valman » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:39 pm

Post your rankings Chris8.. Let's ridicule yours! As far as the 90% - realistically - less than 10% of cafe people could actually even attempt rankings.
Valman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:56 pm

Valman wrote:Post your rankings Chris8.. Let's ridicule yours! As far as the 90% - realistically - less than 10% of cafe people could actually even attempt rankings.

There will be some rankings posted very shortly by the Cafe as Lofunzo is starting up his 3rd annual positional rankings. So please hang aroung and you can ridicule mine and of course then hopefully I and many others can ridicule yours :-D :-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:03 pm

Valman wrote:Post your rankings Chris8.. Let's ridicule yours! As far as the 90% - realistically - less than 10% of cafe people could actually even attempt rankings.

He doesn't come around here very often I'm assuming. Most of us that are around here alot can and do pop off rankings all the time.

Maybe these are his rankings, thats why he is so defensive about them? :-?

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)

Postby chris8 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:32 pm

I've volunteered to do some rankings for Lofunzo. You're more than welcome to ridicule them then! ;-)

On a side-note - I'm not ridiculing the rankings at Sports Fanatics. I merely commented that there were some serious flaws in them, which others have already pointed out in this thread. (If you want specifics, ones mentioned are Delmon Young #14 OF, Felix #6 SP, Halladay ranked lower than Patterson, etc).

And of course most people in the cafe do rankings. How else do we draft our teams? :-?
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 117)

Postby quietstorm » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:47 pm

chris8 wrote:

I've volunteered to do some rankings for Lofunzo. You're more than welcome to ridicule them then! ;-)

On a side-note - I'm not ridiculing the rankings at Sports Fanatics. I merely commented that there were some serious flaws in them, which others have already pointed out in this thread. (If you want specifics, ones mentioned are Delmon Young #14 OF, Felix #6 SP, Halladay ranked lower than Patterson, etc).

And of course most people in the cafe do rankings. How else do we draft our teams? :-?
Clearly, we just look at one magazine or set of projections online and use it for our leagues. We don't even tailor it to our leagues' scoring systems. We're mindless drones.

DUH!
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers