New Sports Fanatics rankings up... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

New Sports Fanatics rankings up...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dyuen87 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:07 am

:-° delmon young is just that good huh? might not make the starting lineup in 2006, but still ranked over carlos lee, berman, hideki matsui, etc. haha tejada FOURTH? hahahahaha. oh man.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby quietstorm » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:08 am

Oh, and Hideki Matsui is too low.
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:22 am

Figgins was a little more valuable than Soriano last year. With Soriano moving to Washington this doesn't see like much a stretch.

Young, Reyes, Rollins, Furcal, all were more valuable than Tejada last year. Something to think about.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bronxxbomber » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:34 am

Aren't these just the early editions of their standings. I'm pretty sure they update it constantly and by feb or march it'll be much much better.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Half Massed » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:15 am

There are some flaws, such as Vidro at 39th for 2B, but, as BB said, these are early rankings and will be updated later on.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RAmst23 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:23 am

Yadier Molina will be better than the 29th ranked C next year.

I'm big on Todd Helton next year, at least bigger than having him as the 9th ranked 1B. Really Jim Thome at 13th? If the injuries really worry you maybe, but that's a big home run park. Plus, Thome won't have to play first that much and gets to rest.

Nomar at 23 for SS? I mean.. I dunno pretty sure he's gonna perform better than Hanley Ramriez at 22.

Really starting to feel bad for Felix Hernandez. If the kid doesn't win a Cy Young next year, starting to look like people will be disappointed.

Dontrelle at 26th? Damn, guess they don't expect much of a repeat there.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby San D » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:27 am

Buster Douglas wrote:But as always, its easier to tear down to build up, great starting point for some rankings, and to get a feel for next season. Thanks for the post!

Good point BD. I think these are the first positional rankings to come out. It's a good starting point.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby baseballnewb » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:11 am

Willis will not repeat last year, even if he repeats in ERA which I don't believe he will, he won't come close to repeating in wins and he doesn't K enough to be in the very top tier.

26th still seems a tad low for him, but I fully understand why they project him lower than most will draft him.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:39 am

What an awful list. All I need to do is look at the top 10 SP on these lists to determine whether they are serious or not.

Carpenter is #2? Felix at #6? Patterson at #12? Prior would need to miss a ton of time to rank at #21.

Look at where Millwood is ranked and tell me you would seriously take all those guys ahead of him. This list is a joke.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby prodpaul » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:44 am

The_Met_Threat wrote:Some things that im wondering about:

Carlos Delgado 12th best 1B just ahead of Jim Thome?

Alfonso behind Chone? I dont think Alfonso will drop that much.

Delmon Young is the 14th best OF without ever playing an MLB game, and likely wont even play half of the 2006 season.

They think very highly of Figgins.

Roy Halladay 13th, behind John Patterson? Are they joking. I think they are projecting him to get injured...

I havent looked into it that much, but they seem pretty decent after that, but one has to wonder if some of these picks were made by none other but Brandon Funston.

The Halladay ranking is one of the reasons why I did not renew my subsrciption with them at the start of last year. Just awful.

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers