Edit: AOL/TW Puts Braves on the Market - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Edit: AOL/TW Puts Braves on the Market

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rotterdam_82 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:23 am

Interesting. Arthur Blank declares an interest, the next thing you know AOL decide they whant out, all in the space of 48 hours.

Coincidence? I think not. Good stuff ;-D
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cristóbal » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:02 pm

would this take braves games off of tbs? not that i like the braves but it is just something that we all grew up with and i would hate to see end.
cristóbal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rotterdam_82 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:10 pm

Blank declares interest

AJC wrote:Tuesday night, Arthur Blank’s spokeswoman said the Falcons’ owner might be interested in purchasing the Braves. Today Blank’s office reiterated that through a statement:

“We are aware that the Atlanta Braves may be available for purchase, and we have been informed of this potential opportunity. As with all other potential investments, we will review any information provided when we receive it and give this opportunity consideration as warranted.

“It is inappropriate to comment beyond this, and it is premature to speculate about whether anything will develop.”

Well, sort of......
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby brandnew » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:35 pm

cristóbal wrote:would this take braves games off of tbs? not that i like the braves but it is just something that we all grew up with and i would hate to see end.

No, TBS has a contract with MLB/Braves until 2008 or 2013 or something. I think the number of games might go down, though. Oh well, thank God for mlb.tv
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kentx12 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:13 pm

I would love to see good ol' Ted return ;-D

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers