Who will be Atl & Cin closers? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who will be Atl & Cin closers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stevethumb » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:11 pm

i don't see ryan wagner as their closer...stash todd coffey in your bank for dividends in july aug sept
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby looptid » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:13 pm

As a Twins fan, I'd say Crain would be a perfect fit for Atlanta. Schuerholz loves relievers with horrible strike-out rates. :-D
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Who will be Atl & Cin closers?

Postby looptid » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:16 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Atlanta has already said the Reitsma will not close and have led me to believe that the candidate is not Devine and resides elsewhere. Possible suspects: I've heard them inquire about Julio (a former Brave), Lidge, Percival (health hazzard), Urbina (if his mess every gets straightened out), Nathan (a FA after this season and Min probably can't resign him), Crain (need something that Min wants (Betemit?), but Nathan may leave), & Dotel (mid-season).

Nathan is signed through 2007 ($5 million per) with a club option for 2008 ($7 million).
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rotterdam_82 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:23 pm

Atlanta have been heavily linked with MacDougal, not sure how it would work.
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby rlee » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:50 pm

The two pitchers the Braves got for Estrada, Aquino and Villareal might be candidates to close. As for the Reds, it seems to me that I read somewhere that they are looking at keeping David Weathers in that role short term. !+)
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby brandnew » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:24 pm

Havok1517 wrote:I forget where I read this but I read that they are looking for a closer this season outside thier organization. Devine is not ready t close as of yet and Atlanta has some money to spend.

Devine is ready... just give him a chance. His meltdowns were the result of going out for the 2nd inning, and he was pitching hurt after his first inning. If you watched him pitch, you'd know, as his velocity was down, and his slider had less bite. He has ridiculous stuff, great fastball with alotta movement, and a Lidge-like slider. He pitched very well this year, and that HR to Burke was garbage, a result of that joke of a ballpark in Houston. As of right now, Boyer and Devine are the two closer options. However, I'm pretty sure JS wants to go out and get a closer, so the two can develop some more, and not be thrown into the role. Guardado might be a good option, if the M's believe Soriano is ready. Seanez will probably be signed, although hopefully not to close. Lidge would be amazing, but will cost way too much.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheGrump » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:31 pm

stevethumb wrote:i don't see ryan wagner as their closer...stash todd coffey in your bank for dividends in july aug sept

No need for speculation! The bottom line is that no current Reds reliever will be a serviceable MLB closer, much less a serviceable fantasy option.

I believe that they will look outside the organization for '06 closer.
TheGrump
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stevethumb » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:45 pm

rlee wrote:The two pitchers the Braves got for Estrada, Aquino and Villareal might be candidates to close. As for the Reds, it seems to me that I read somewhere that they are looking at keeping David Weathers in that role short term. !+)
...IF they had received gaquino the braves may have considered him in the closer's role but they got lcormier instead
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:52 pm

I think that Devine will be given the opportunity to close for the Braves in the future, and like Huston Street in 05 it might come sooner then the Braves think. Right now imo Devine is the best arm in the Braves pen for sure(I just hope that the Burke home run does not turn him into Wohlers).

Plus if Devine can get a save in Chapel Hill verse my beloved TarHeels then I surely believe he can be a closer in the bigs ;-7 ;-7
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers