Lastings Milledge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Lastings Milledge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lastings Milledge

Postby Balco » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:18 am

Will he be in the majors this year? With the mets?
Balco
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 270
Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Praying for a Win.

Postby thedude » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:25 am

Maybe for a cup of coffee. He will start the year at triple A.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:52 pm

I got him in a keeper so I hope he comes up in August FOR GOOD
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 7167
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Trot Nixon » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:40 am

Members Only Jackets wrote:I got him in a keeper so I hope he comes up in August FOR GOOD
Ditto!!
Image
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2360
Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wishing Nixon would come back to the Sox

Postby Sultans of Squat » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:31 pm

Trot Nixon wrote:
Members Only Jackets wrote:I got him in a keeper so I hope he comes up in August FOR GOOD
Ditto!!


Nah. That probably won't happen unless they fall out of contention early or have some injuries that force their hand. They probably won't wanna call up Milledge in the middle of a pennant race.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 643
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Holy Hand Grenade » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:30 pm

Sultans of Squat wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:
Members Only Jackets wrote:I got him in a keeper so I hope he comes up in August FOR GOOD
Ditto!!


Nah. That probably won't happen unless they fall out of contention early or have some injuries that force their hand. They probably won't wanna call up Milledge in the middle of a pennant race.


Absolutely. We all remember how poorly that turned out for the Marlins with Willis in 03. Plus, Cameron is blocking the way.


Sorry, sorry. Long day. But I think he's got a good shot of seeing the show this year. Think about it: When was the last time the Mets didn't rush a prospect?
Holy Hand Grenade
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 70
Joined: 27 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sultans of Squat » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:01 pm

Holy Hand Grenade wrote:
Sultans of Squat wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:
Members Only Jackets wrote:I got him in a keeper so I hope he comes up in August FOR GOOD
Ditto!!


Nah. That probably won't happen unless they fall out of contention early or have some injuries that force their hand. They probably won't wanna call up Milledge in the middle of a pennant race.


Absolutely. We all remember how poorly that turned out for the Marlins with Willis in 03. Plus, Cameron is blocking the way.


Sorry, sorry. Long day. But I think he's got a good shot of seeing the show this year. Think about it: When was the last time the Mets didn't rush a prospect?


Well, I didn't say they flat out won't do it no matter what. But tell me when (and w/ whom) was the last time they did that while still being in contention in late August?? I honestly don't know.

Of course, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt right now in suggesting they might still be in contention in late August given all the moves they've been making. :D
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 643
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Seattle at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Texas at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Colorado at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
LA Angels at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Francisco at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Kansas City at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Chi Cubs at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Atlanta at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact