Tejada interested in Cubs? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tejada interested in Cubs?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BeefSandwiches » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:43 pm

On ESPN 1000 in Chicago this morning, Bruce Levine reported that the O's dealing Tejada isn't dead yet. No specific players or teams were mentioned other than the Cubs would be one of the best suitors in BAL's eyes because of the prospects which could be had in a deal like this.

eamuscatuli wrote:This may sound crazy, but I don't want the Cubs to get Tejada. I think it would take too much in prospects to acquire him, and what the Cubs really need is a Left-handed slugger to play Right Field...

As a Cubs fan, I am tired of hearing about the great prospects in the system but not seeing them on the field or as part of trades. With Prior and Zambrano, we have one of the top 1-2 punches in the majors, add Maddux and Hill/Williams towards the back of the rotation, the prospect of getting Wood back and A-Ram/Lee in their prime, NOW is the time to deal prospects for the bats we need.

IF (and a very big IF) Tejada were to become available, the Cubs should not hesitate to give up what it takes (within reason of course).

I don't want to hijack the thread and sorry for the venting... :-o :-o I needed that :-° :-° ;-D
BeefSandwiches
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MrT » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:26 pm

one could only dream:

Pierre
walker
tejeda
Lee
Ramirez
Jones
barrett
Murton
pitcher

Suddenly Murton, Jones, and Walker do not look so bad together.
But . . . it just won't happen.
The Cubs could give anyone they have anywhere except for Lee, Ramirez, Prior and Zambarno as far as I am concerned
MrT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Music2004Man » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:25 am

If the Cubs want Tejada it's going to take a prospect laden deal. I'm thinking something like Cedeno, Hill and Brownlie. I'm not sure if the Cubs are willing to give up the young arms which would net Tejada.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby JohnR » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:11 am

From Rotoworld:

Miguel Tejada - SS - Orioles

The Orioles and Cubs have discussed a swap of Miguel Tejada and Mark Prior, according to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal.
A source told Rosenthal that talks are stalled because the Cubs want Erik Bedard along with Tejada and the Cubs want Felix Pie or a top pitching prospect in such a deal. The source also says the Red Sox are involved in talks and could be trying to land Prior, with Manny Ramirez going to Baltimore. Dec. 22 - 2:50 am et
Source: FOXSports.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... ?sport=MLB

Not sure I do this if I'm the Cubs. But the thought of Prior being united with Mazzone is quite tantalizing as a Prior owner
The one constant through all the years has been baseball. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again...This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again.
JohnR
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BeefSandwiches » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:20 am

BeefSandwiches
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:41 am

JohnR wrote:From Rotoworld:

Miguel Tejada - SS - Orioles

The Orioles and Cubs have discussed a swap of Miguel Tejada and Mark Prior, according to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal.
A source told Rosenthal that talks are stalled because the Cubs want Erik Bedard along with Tejada and the Cubs want Felix Pie or a top pitching prospect in such a deal. The source also says the Red Sox are involved in talks and could be trying to land Prior, with Manny Ramirez going to Baltimore. Dec. 22 - 2:50 am et
Source: FOXSports.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... ?sport=MLB

Not sure I do this if I'm the Cubs. But the thought of Prior being united with Mazzone is quite tantalizing as a Prior owner

Prior for Tejada straight up would be a great deal for the O's. Prior and Pie for Tejada and Bedard is ridiculous. Sometimes I wonder if the O's management has any clue at all.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers