Help me find a PT job, one for a College Student! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Help me find a PT job, one for a College Student!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Red Stripe » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:39 pm

How about telemarketing? Those people annoy the crap out of me but that's being kind of hypocritical because I was one my junior year of high school. Why? They make good money for having practically no experience.

My only other job I had before that was working the register at Burger King and I was in high school and they still hired me. You make anywhere from $8 to I think about $11.75 an hour depending on where you go.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:51 pm

Where do you find telemarketing or call center jobs? I have no idea what the company names are. I've seen some stuff on Craigslist, but they all need to have experience.

Where are good places (online?) to find call centers or telemarketing jobs with absolutely zero experience?

Honestly, this is what I would rather do than anything else. I could work like 4 days a week and still have a night or two to go out and have a good time.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pedantic » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:19 pm

Good Lord, why the hell would you want to be a telemarketer? That has to be one of the worst jobs on the planet. 8-o
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Phatferd » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:27 pm

Pedantic wrote:Good Lord, why the hell would you want to be a telemarketer? That has to be one of the worst jobs on the planet. 8-o

Because it pays and has flexible hours.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:59 pm

Phatferd wrote:
Pedantic wrote:Good Lord, why the hell would you want to be a telemarketer? That has to be one of the worst jobs on the planet. 8-o

It does pay very well. I'd say a third to a fourth of the telemarketers still telemarketing in the Dallas/Arlington/Fort Worth area were trained by me.

As to how to get a telemarketing job, simply check the Classifieds in your local newspaper. Find one you like (some give high hourly pay, but little incentive, others give little hourly pay, but huge incentives) and go apply. As long as you can speak halfway decent, can be understood, and don't smell, you should get the job. Personally, I liked the little hourly pay with the higher incentives. Helped keep me motivated to sell whatever it was I was selling (and I sold everything from cook books to housewives, to the Thomas Register to large corporations). Good luck! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Red Stripe » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:04 pm

Phatferd wrote:

Exactly, it's a great part time job. One of the best you can get if you have little experience. I agree with Madison to look in the classifieds for ads, I actually found out about getting a job there because there were some people handing out flyers at my high school for telemarketing(some company that was only based in the midwest though I think.) And it has really flexible hours, you basically can just pick the time you want to work and 80% of the time they are alright with it.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bronxxbomber » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:21 pm

Now that I think about I did telemarketing in college. I actually worked for the Telefund (my school wanted a different name) and basically called alumni for donations to their specific school at the university or whatever. If your school is big enough they usually have something like this and the hours are always flexible because it's such an easy job to land. A bit of advice though: You have to be able to take rejection easy and stay motivated to hit quota(s) and goals.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk