values for auction league with $300 cap - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

values for auction league with $300 cap

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

values for auction league with $300 cap

Postby Danimal » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:35 am

I just joined a new 12-team league. 30-man rosters. Can somebody give me an idea on what to expect on the range of values players will have? ?Any websites?

For instance what would one expect to pay for a Pujols, Sheets or Rickie Weeks?
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Danimal » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:19 am

Im sure somebody has some ideas.

:-o
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby luckygehrig » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:46 am

Well, I'm currently in my first auction (it's a mock and you can check it out under the Mock Auction II thread), but I can tell you something. Based on our draft, Pujols went at $51. Our cap is $260. Adjust this to your $300 cap and it comes out to just under $59. He sold for $50 in the first mock and that adjusted rate comes out to just under $58. Sheets and Weeks haven't been thrown out yet but they sold for $22 (Sheets) and $15 (Weeks) in the first mock. Adjust those to your cap and they come out to a little over $25 for Sheets, and slightly over $17 for Weeks.
Don't know if this is helpful at all, but it might be better than nothing.
Last edited by luckygehrig on Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pedantic » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:50 am

I can't help you so much with auction prices, but this site will give you actual earnings for the players. Just adjust the parameters accordingly.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby swarmee » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:30 am

Pedantic wrote:I can't help you so much with auction prices, but this site will give you actual earnings for the players. Just adjust the parameters accordingly.

Closer to the season, they'll also put in their 2006 projections and you can calculate their "projected value," which is a reasonable ballpark figure for what you should expect to pay. For those players at the top tier, it may take going 10-20% above projected value to get them.
Another Year, Another Championship. I'm 2 for 2.
swarmee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Surfs up » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:45 am

Is it a keeper league? Every league values player differently. Our league ( 12 Team AL ONLY ) over pays for most players. We carry can carry up to 11 players from the previous season.When I look at some of the sites that project the values I just laugh. I see Vlad valued at 38-40 or in that range and can't believe it. He went for 50 last year. manny went for 52 , Schilling went for 45 , RJ went for 44. I think you get the picture. Then people say well there are always good buys at the end of the auction. Maybe but the good buys turn out to be a player that ends up starting because of an injury and may have been picked up because there wasn't much left. I can see good buys in a mixed league but the good players also don't cost as much.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 183)

Return to Baseball Leftovers