Urbina Story ESPN Sunday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Urbina Story ESPN Sunday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BravesGuy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:25 pm

Thats what I am thinking.

We took a chance on Mondesi last year, he had some baggage...forgot what exactly, but it might have been with a relative being kidnapped. Of course he ended up sucking big time.

Maybe JS will give Urbina a shot.
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:36 pm

I concur, pls last year he hasd to deal with being traded or the possibility of being traded the entire season and his mother was kidnapped. and when he wasn't gone taking careof that, he pitched well. So I think he will be a very good pitcher next year, if he plays, and the Atlanta Braves would make a great move signing him, cheap.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 138)

Postby foulballstrike3 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:19 pm

This story is on the ESPN main page now:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2256632

no need to be an insider
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:30 pm

I agree that he is a victim. Why in the world would he risk his life to do something stupid like that? It's not like he is 20. The guy's been around the league for a long time and there is no history of violence, etc.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby rotterdam_82 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:37 pm

Yoda wrote:I agree that he is a victim. Why in the world would he risk his life to do something stupid like that? It's not like he is 20. The guy's been around the league for a long time and there is no history of violence, etc.

There's quite a bit of 'history of violence' with Urbina actualy. Didn't he get arrested for attacking a fan in a nightclub once? There's more too, but I'll leave you too look it up for yourself.

I'm not saying he's guilty, innocent until proven of course. But I hate this attitude "He's a millionaire, it can't be true". It's a fallacy......
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:13 pm

rotterdam_82 wrote:
Yoda wrote:I agree that he is a victim. Why in the world would he risk his life to do something stupid like that? It's not like he is 20. The guy's been around the league for a long time and there is no history of violence, etc.

There's quite a bit of 'history of violence' with Urbina actualy. Didn't he get arrested for attacking a fan in a nightclub once? There's more too, but I'll leave you too look it up for yourself.

I'm not saying he's guilty, innocent until proven of course. But I hate this attitude "He's a millionaire, it can't be true". It's a fallacy......

Why don't you provide a link or some evidence regarding Urbina's violent history prior to this incident? THen we'll believe you.

Why did you took the time to make this post in order to rebutt my post without any proof? :-?

Also, who said that he's a millionaire so it can't be true? Or did you pull that out of your ass too?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rotterdam_82 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:35 pm

Yoda wrote:
rotterdam_82 wrote:

Why don't you provide a link or some evidence regarding Urbina's violent history prior to this incident? THen we'll believe you.

Why did you took the time to make this post in order to rebutt my post without any proof? :-?

Also, who said that he's a millionaire so it can't be true? Or did you pull that out of your ass too?

Whoa there, any need to get personal you short a*s, backwards talking green tw*t?

ESPN wrote:But this isn't the first time that Urbina has been accused of violence.

In 2004, Urbina was briefly imprisoned along with a friend for firing a gun while under the influence of alcohol on a street in Caracas. Four years earlier, when the relief pitcher played for the Expos, he was accused of assaulting a man in a Montreal night club.

He has had three other run-ins with Venezuelan police, two for allegedly fighting and another for a traffic incident, in which the pitcher's car ran over an old man. All three cases were resolved out of court.

There you go Star Wars fanboy, stick that one where the sun don't shine.....
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:39 pm

rotterdam_82 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
rotterdam_82 wrote:

Whoa there, any need to get personal you short a*s green backwards talking tw*t?

ESPN wrote:But this isn't the first time that Urbina has been accused of violence.

In 2004, Urbina was briefly imprisoned along with a friend for firing a gun while under the influence of alcohol on a street in Caracas. Four years earlier, when the relief pitcher played for the Expos, he was accused of assaulting a man in a Montreal night club.

He has had three other run-ins with Venezuelan police, two for allegedly fighting and another for a traffic incident, in which the pitcher's car ran over an old man. All three cases were resolved out of court.

There you go Star Wars fanboy, stick that one where the sun don't shine.....

I hope you are getting a yellow card for this...
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rotterdam_82 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:39 pm

Yoda wrote:I hope you are getting a yellow card for this...

For what? Proving you wrong? You started the personal insults matey.....
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers