Nomah to Toronto? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nomah to Toronto?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby soxfan364 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:25 pm

Come off it guys, I know it's a forum and you can post whatever you want, but start your own thread to discuss this. I'm just asking, because it gets tiring to see multiple threads turn into this bickering that goes no where after post 2.

Amen to that - you can keep going back and forth, but in the end only time will tell.

However I do think the Jays overpaid for Ryan, and the Mets overpaid for Wagner. Maybe I'm a bit biased, after watching Foulke implode in '05
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby quietstorm » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:09 pm

No, you're not. Wagner will be almost 39 by the end of his contract. Show me a closer who pitches well for that long.
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rotterdam_82 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:24 pm

quietstorm wrote:No, you're not. Wagner will be almost 39 by the end of his contract. Show me a closer who pitches well for that long.

Trevor Hoffman. Mariano doesn't look like dropping off soon either. Would Smoltz still be dominant if he'd stayed in that role too? My money's on yes, and he's got nearly 3000 innings under his belt.

He (Wagner) will have to slow down to adjust, but I think he'll be fine.
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby quietstorm » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:58 pm

Now, I can give you a list twenty times as long of closers who have fizzled out long before that age. Just in the past ten years.
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rich101682 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:22 am

rotterdam_82 wrote:
quietstorm wrote:No, you're not. Wagner will be almost 39 by the end of his contract. Show me a closer who pitches well for that long.

Trevor Hoffman. Mariano doesn't look like dropping off soon either. Would Smoltz still be dominant if he'd stayed in that role too? My money's on yes, and he's got nearly 3000 innings under his belt.

He (Wagner) will have to slow down to adjust, but I think he'll be fine.

True, but Hofman doesn't really count as much. There's much more stress on Wagner being a flamethrower. It's like dog years...every two years a guy like Hoffman throws is like one year for a hard thrower, right??? ;-D ;-D ;-D
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby so0perspam » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:23 am

quietstorm wrote:Now, I can give you a list twenty times as long of closers who have fizzled out long before that age. Just in the past ten years.

Unless you're God and have a crystal ball that can predict the future, something I apparently missed in this whole debate, how are you so sure that Wagner "fizzles" out? . :-°
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby rich101682 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:30 am

so0perspam wrote:
quietstorm wrote:Now, I can give you a list twenty times as long of closers who have fizzled out long before that age. Just in the past ten years.

Unless you're God and have a crystal ball that can predict the future, something I apparently missed in this whole debate, how are you so sure that Wagner "fizzles" out? . :-°

Nobody calls Wagner a fizzle! Except...except for that one guy that did years ago. But no one calls Wagner a fizzle and gets away with it! Well that's not true...the other guy who did it ran away after he said it. But after today, only half of the guys who have called Wagner a fizzle will have gotten away with it!
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby so0perspam » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:38 am

rich101682 wrote:True, but Hofman doesn't really count as much. There's much more stress on Wagner being a flamethrower. It's like dog years...every two years a guy like Hoffman throws is like one year for a hard thrower, right??? ;-D ;-D ;-D

:-?
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:41 am

Rich, I think you should call it a night. I'm still trying to decipher your posts.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:45 am

rich101682 wrote:
so0perspam wrote:

Nobody calls Wagner a fizzle! Except...except for that one guy that did years ago. But no one calls Wagner a fizzle and gets away with it! Well that's not true...the other guy who did it ran away after he said it. But after today, only half of the guys who have called Wagner a fizzle will have gotten away with it!

Gotta love Family Guy references.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers