Question to Jays fan - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Question to Jays fan

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Question to Jays fan

Postby Another Blown Save » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:49 pm

OK, I like to keep an updated depth chart during the off-season, and I have a question about the Jays corner positions.
Right now, the Jays have 4 corner position players; Overbay, Hillenbrand, Hinske, and Koskie. Assuming one of them will be used as DH, that still leaves one guy out. Do you guys know what they will do with the extra guy? Trade, switch position, bench, etc?
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:08 pm

someone will have to go. :-)

tell you the truth, i have no idea who will stay. hillenbrand is prolly the easiest to move, hinske and koskie have two more years left on their contracts, and they suck. :-b i doubt they will trade koskie, unless someone is willing to take a chance on him and give the jays something back. the problem with koskie is that he can't stay healthy, but when he's playing, he plays great D and can hit the ball out of the ballpark every now and then. there was a rumor that the o's had some interest in hisnke and the the jays could eat up some of his salary. if you ask me who the jays have to trade, that would have to be hinske.

so...overbay at 1B, hillenbrand at DH and koskie at 3B. there is still aaron hill in the picture who played some 3B last year. assuming koskie won't stay healthy all season, he could see some action at 3B also, but if JP trades away hudson, then we might see him at 2B and adams at SS.

right now...

C: Zaun
1B: Overbay
2B: Hudson
3B: Koskie
SS: Adams/Hill
RF: Rios
CF: Wells
LF: Cat/Johnson
DH: Hillenbrand

if they don't trade anybody...expect hillenbrand and hill to play 3B against lefties, both hinske and koskie can't hit a lick against southpaws.
Last edited by kimchi_chigae on Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Re: Question to Jays fan

Postby mweir145 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:10 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:OK, I like to keep an updated depth chart during the off-season, and I have a question about the Jays corner positions.
Right now, the Jays have 4 corner position players; Overbay, Hillenbrand, Hinske, and Koskie. Assuming one of them will be used as DH, that still leaves one guy out. Do you guys know what they will do with the extra guy? Trade, switch position, bench, etc?

Overbay will be the starting 1B next year, and Koskie will play at 3rd.

At the moment, Hillenbrand looks to be slotted in at DH, but that could change within days if not hours.

Hinske certainly looks like the odd man out here, but I'm really not sure if he is a tradeable asset. I've heard the Orioles are interested, though.

Basically, I think it's too early in the off-season to be projecting a lineup for the Jays, because it is very likely to change.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:11 pm

They are desperately trying to find anyone to take Hinske. They will also trade Hillenbrand and Koskie - in that order.

They also have a spare middle infielder (they don't want to trade Orlando but they will if that's what it takes), a spare OF (they don't want to trade Rios but will if that's what it takes) and a spare starter (Lilly and Batista are being shopped right now. They want to keep Towers, Chacin and McGowan (especially McGowan) but will trade any of them). They will trade any of them or all of them for an OF with power.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:14 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:someone will have to go. :-)

tell you the truth, i have no idea who will stay. hillenbrand is prolly the easiest to move, hinske and koskie have two more years left on their contracts, and they suck. :-b i doubt they will trade koskie, unless someone is willing to take a chance on him and give the jays something back. the problem with koskie is that he can't stay healthy, but when he's playing, he plays great D and can hit the ball out of the ballpark every now and then. there was a rumor that the o's had some interest in hisnke and the the jays could eat up some of his salary. if you ask me who the jays have to trade, that would have to be hinske.

so...overbay at 1B, hillenbrand at DH and koskie at 3B. there is still aaron hill in the picture who played some 3B last year. assuming koskie won't stay healthy all season, he could see some action at 3B also, but if JP trades away hudson, then we might see him at 2B and adams at SS.

right now...

I think they should give Koskie another shot. He plays great defense, and he is a very consistant hitter when he is able to stay healthy. He also has decent power numbers (20-25 HR) which is a huge need of the Jays.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:21 pm

what is going on here.

My response was the first one up.

Then I come back later and mweir's post is ahead of mine. Then 5 minutes later KC's post pops up ahead of mine :-b

You guys spend too much time thinking about your responses.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:29 pm

mweir145 wrote:I think they should give Koskie another shot. He plays great defense, and he is a very consistant hitter when he is able to stay healthy. He also has decent power numbers (20-25 HR) which is a huge need of the Jays.

i agree. i think the jays shouldn't trade koskie. you prolly won't get much for him right now and i think he has a decent chance of posting nice numbers next year. if he gets around 400AB and reaches 20HR, i'd say he had a succesful season. perhaps last year he was trying to do too much, playing for a team in canada and being the only canadian on the squad, maybe he was trying too hard.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:30 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:what is going on here.

My response was the first one up.

Then I come back later and mweir's post is ahead of mine. Then 5 minutes later KC's post pops up ahead of mine :-b

You guys spend too much time thinking about your responses.

LOL. :-D

why don't you guys just quote me and say "what he said"? B-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:23 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:someone will have to go. :-)

right now...

if they don't trade anybody...expect hillenbrand and hill to play 3B against lefties, both hinske and koskie can't hit a lick against southpaws.

LOL..

What he said.. :-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Toronto Blue Jays