100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Twins 3B issues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BritSox » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:41 pm

savvy_stu wrote:
Boston:
Youkalis has no power
The Twins apparently did inquire about Lowell, but scoffed when the Red Sox asked for Juan Rincon as part of the deal.

Largely because the Twins wanted Boston to eat nearly all of the contract, to get back only Romero, who will himself be overpaid for what he does.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby joeg24 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:43 pm

BritSox wrote:
savvy_stu wrote:
Boston:
Youkalis has no power
The Twins apparently did inquire about Lowell, but scoffed when the Red Sox asked for Juan Rincon as part of the deal.

Largely because the Twins wanted Boston to eat nearly all of the contract, to get back only Romero, who will himself be overpaid for what he does.

Rincon is a top notch set up man. He's worth much more then Lowell at this point. Something is wrong with Lowell too, which is scary.
joeg24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Niffoc4 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:56 pm

I'd say they look to Bos (Youk/Lowell), TAM (Huff), Tor (Shea, Koskie, Hinske), SF (Alfonzo), LAA (Quinlin/Kotchman/McPherson), Cle (Blake/Boone), NYY (Duncan), or FA Mueller.

Are you saying Kotchman could play 3rd? I thought he just played first? I also don't think many of those guys would be upgrades over a healthy Cuddyer... maybe McPherson, but I don't think the Angels have given up on him yet...
It looks like the Twins may need to give up some pitching to get a 3B... this shouldn't be too hard for the Twins to do, since everyone is going nuts over relievers this year, it wouldn't surprise me too much to see Crain as the centerpiece to acquire a good 3B.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:59 pm

I've heard rumours of both Koskie and Hillenbrand going to the Twins over the past few weeks, but nothing ever concrete.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:08 pm

Toronto needs bullpen help, Romero I think would excel there.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 124)

Re: Twins 3B issues

Postby foulballstrike3 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:15 pm

savvy_stu wrote:Now that Soriano has been traded from the Rangers, I think it's safe to assume that the Rangers won't be trading Hank Blalock.

:,-( So, it wouldn't seem as though my Twins will get their relief from the Lonestar State.

To make matters worse, our Plan B named Marte got sent to Boston this morning. So, it would seem we missed the boat there as well.

I actually preferred a trade for Marte to a trade for Blalock, but now it seems as though neither of them will be suiting up for the Twins...

So... Where next?

I've heard that the Orioles are interested in Kyle Lohse... But I haven't heard anything about whom they would be sending. Any chance that they'd send us Mora?

Stu, you need to stop drinking that ND water ;-) Kyle Lohse is bad, and yes, I heard the O's were interested :-t The twins would have to give far more than Lohse to get Mora who isn't on the block. The O's were talking about getting Nomar for the OF, meaning they know their IF is set.
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Twins 3B issues

Postby savvy_stu » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:37 pm

foulballstrike3 wrote:Stu, you need to stop drinking that ND water ;-) Kyle Lohse is bad, and yes, I heard the O's were interested :-t The twins would have to give far more than Lohse to get Mora who isn't on the block. The O's were talking about getting Nomar for the OF, meaning they know their IF is set.

Well, yeah, obviously they'd have to send a bit more to get a guy like Melvin. I'm wondering whether or not they couldn't offer Lohse, Romero and a can of Pringles for him though.
savvy_stu
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:48 pm

No way they trade Mora. Upon Nomar signing with Toronto (right now a decent bet), I'm putting my money on Shea Hilldabrand being the starting Min 3B, with Min losing Romero in the process.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby savvy_stu » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:50 pm

Havok1517 wrote:No way they trade Mora. Upon Nomar signing with Toronto (right now a decent bet), I'm putting my money on Shea Hilldabrand being the starting Min 3B, with Min losing Romero in the process.

ugh... what a craptacular consolation prize.
savvy_stu
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:53 pm

Sorry, just what I think will happen. They may be able to make a trade in a package deal. But their suitors are limited.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers