Better for sports - XM or Sirius (sp) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Better for sports - XM or Sirius (sp)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:12 pm

I have XM. The baseball coverage is insane. They have every spring training game (that has the ability to be covered), every MLB regular season game, and a nonstop MLB talk channel which I cant get enough of. A few of the baseball talk guys get a bit annoying but the coverage is great. During the season (and maybe offseason, Im not around at 12EST to listen) theres a fantasy baseball show for an hour every weekday hosted partially by rotowire's jeff erickson and chris liss. XM carries NHL and Nascar (neither of which I care about). The baseball and music is enough for me. In addition, they include a large variety of other sports stations (fox,espn,etc).

Ive heard Sirius which is great as well in the event youd rather here Football games every sunday rather than watch. The DJs on the music stations are a little more talkitive which at times is nice but can get annoying. The stations on both XM and Sirius are pretty similar, I hear XM has more but Im sure youll only listen to a handful of of the music channels. Im pretty sure both have a 24 hour stand up comedy channel which gets pretty halarious on XM. I know I prefer XM for the baseball and the portable XM MyFi radio which allows me to record 5 hours of my favorite music or radio shows.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3739
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:20 pm

Cleveland Steamers wrote:I have XM. The baseball coverage is insane. They have every spring training game (that has the ability to be covered), every MLB regular season game, and a nonstop MLB talk channel which I cant get enough of. A few of the baseball talk guys get a bit annoying but the coverage is great. During the season (and maybe offseason, Im not around at 12EST to listen) theres a fantasy baseball show for an hour every weekday hosted partially by rotowire's jeff erickson and chris liss. XM carries NHL and Nascar (neither of which I care about). The baseball and music is enough for me. In addition, they include a large variety of other sports stations (fox,espn,etc).

Ive heard Sirius which is great as well in the event youd rather here Football games every sunday rather than watch. The DJs on the music stations are a little more talkitive which at times is nice but can get annoying. The stations on both XM and Sirius are pretty similar, I hear XM has more but Im sure youll only listen to a handful of of the music channels. Im pretty sure both have a 24 hour stand up comedy channel which gets pretty halarious on XM. I know I prefer XM for the baseball and the portable XM MyFi radio which allows me to record 5 hours of my favorite music or radio shows.


Yep, 2 comedy stations on sirius.
Image
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5243
(Past Year: 55)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:49 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:XM has NASCAR! ;-D


I thought that this was a joke until I looked it up 8-o

What could nascar coverage be like? I would rather listen to a 24 hour spelling bee station.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 277)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:18 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:XM has NASCAR! ;-D


I thought that this was a joke until I looked it up 8-o

What could nascar coverage be like? I would rather listen to a 24 hour spelling bee station.


Imagine that you're watching a race, and all the sudden your screen goes blank but you can still hear the commentary. That's NASCAR on the radio. I actually don't really like it except when I'm at the office on a weekend and go to drive home. I don't miss any of the action in my 20 minute drive...
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13710
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Postby logan » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:31 pm

nascar is headed to sirius if anyone cares. apparently XM didn't. i have Xm and love the hell out of it. i would think if you did a poll you would find that very few people listen to football games. as hornsby said you are either at it or watch it on tv. baseball has 162 games most of the time you may be out running around to where you can't watch every game. football is one day a week which most people make sure to watch their game or all the games. XM has espn radio whcich has up to the minute coverage of each game going if you happen to be headed to the bar or store and also a sports ticker you can customize to just the teams and sports you like or all of them.

plus O&A make it worth every penny on a daily basis.

hoo hoo howie is doing four days a week of the same boring unispired "hoo hoo everyone is ripping me of robin" radio he has been doing for the last ten years. good luck paying that guy 500 million. worst buisness decision i've ever seen.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2810
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: newark,delaware

Postby 3 run homer » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:29 pm

John Riggins does a show on Sirius, what could be better than that?
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 501
Joined: 5 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:28 pm

3 run homer wrote:John Riggins does a show on Sirius, what could be better than that?


The skins making the playoffs!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:44 am

I'll be making this decision soon as well. Thanks for the great thread guys! XM seems to be the way to go. :-) ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact