'06 Alfonso Soriano Projection - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

'06 Alfonso Soriano Projection

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:39 am

Oh gawd... I own Soriano in two of my 4 dynasty leagues... this is not good...
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:41 am

And this, my friends, is why Chase Utley has been my #1 2b this offseason.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Pedantic » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:42 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:Soriano's rbi range will be in the 70-80 range. Can the Nationals lineup be worse next year than it was this year? Jose Guillen hit 76 rbis last year. You throw in Zimmerman into that lineup, and can Nick Johnson spend anymore time on the DL next year than this year? he'll get his rbis.

This trade may have been crap for fantasy purposes but Soriano will help the Nats greatly offensively I think. It's not like he has nobody around him, Guillen is a very good hitter and Johnson is coming into his own nicely. A healthy Vidro won't hurt either.

I'd say he gets at least 70-80 RBIs, if not more. His numbers will surely take a hit going to Washington, but I think some people are slightly overplaying it. Regardless, a .270-20-80-20 stat line is still good enough to be a top 3 2nd baseman IMO.

Offensively, a healthy Wilkerson would have far surpassed any contribution Soriano might make. :-/
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:44 am

NJ stay healthy?...come on. The man has never been healthy for more than a few months at a stretch in his entire professional career. The man defines brittle.

Vidro is always getting hurt too.

The pitcher hits 9th, Guzman 8th (like a pitcher).

Church, Sneider, Zimmerman to go with Guillen make out the rest of the lineup with Soriano.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:52 am

I'll give a shot a 20/20 maybe even 25/25 but no way he goes 30/30 ..
he still has value, but sure took a big hit today.
I have him in my keeper for 44.00 and was thinking about hanging on to him. I most certainly won't now.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:58 am

TheYanks04 wrote:NJ stay healthy?...come on.

Agreed. Nick will never stay healthy. I posted an article about his weak wrists two years ago (might have been last year, but I'm pretty sure it was two years ago) and how the doctors say he will fight wrist injuries his entire career. So for Nick to stay healthy for a whole season, is very unlikely.

As to Sori projections, it's possible he steals 35 or maybe 40, but I'd say his fantasy value takes a pretty big hit. I have a feeling he will be drafted much higher than I'd be willing to take him though. :-°
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mamorris » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:00 am

Pedantic wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:Soriano's rbi range will be in the 70-80 range. Can the Nationals lineup be worse next year than it was this year? Jose Guillen hit 76 rbis last year. You throw in Zimmerman into that lineup, and can Nick Johnson spend anymore time on the DL next year than this year? he'll get his rbis.

This trade may have been crap for fantasy purposes but Soriano will help the Nats greatly offensively I think. It's not like he has nobody around him, Guillen is a very good hitter and Johnson is coming into his own nicely. A healthy Vidro won't hurt either.

I'd say he gets at least 70-80 RBIs, if not more. His numbers will surely take a hit going to Washington, but I think some people are slightly overplaying it. Regardless, a .270-20-80-20 stat line is still good enough to be a top 3 2nd baseman IMO.

Offensively, a healthy Wilkerson would have far surpassed any contribution Soriano might make. :-/

Agreed. I believe Wilkerson had 23 win shares to Soriano's 16 last year. That's a pretty big difference right there.

As for Soriano, well I was one of those who thought he was still worthy of mid-first-round status, but not any more. That's probably a $10 hit in value depending on your league settings. Ouch.
mamorris
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby converge241 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:38 am

guesses on what the lineup would look like? (barring player changes of course)
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby Niffoc4 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:04 am

C Schneider
1B Johnson
2B Vidro
SS Guzman
3B Zimmerman
RF Guillen
CF Church
LF Soriano

1. Soriano
2. Vidro
3. Guillen
4. Johnson
5. Zimmerman
6. Church
7. Schneider
8. Guzman

Totally a guess, but most of what I have seen has Soriano leading off... His RBIs could really take a hit with the two hitters in front of him being the pitcher and Cristian Guzman. Everything will probably go down with the switch to the NL and going froma major hitters park to a major pitchers park.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:07 am

Hmmm... looks like Soriano might be a bargain next year.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers