Moyer is going to get 5.5 M? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Moyer is going to get 5.5 M?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Moyer is going to get 5.5 M?

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:46 am

At age 43? I \s it me or have things completely gone out of control with medicore middle relivers pulling in 17 M over 3 years, top relievers get 11 M+ , Florida holding a fire sale, top players being dealt for what amount to prospects and chump change, other top players being dangled, players like Kolb traded for and then not offered arbitration to hopefully cut the price, etc.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tal1286 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:48 am

is this the jamie moyer from the all star game several years ago? cause wow...5.5 mil for him is pretty absurd. that's just a ton of money for someone who is old and had an era of 4.28 in what i recall being a huge pitchers park.

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:49 am

M's are morons, he's frickin 43!!! Expect another last place finish.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby nikku88 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:08 am

It's not too bad since Moyer is a popular player and the M's rake in the cash. If only they would stop pitching him on the road.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:12 am

I dunni. I though the Yanks paying Farnswroth almost 6 a year for 3 years was ridiculous...paying a starter who is a 43 year old junk baller and who pitches in Safeco half the time 5.5 M seems absurd.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RynMan » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:00 am

Not like the M's to overpay....
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:30 am

RynMan wrote:Not like the M's to overpay....

Besides Sexson/Beltre, and sexson had a pretty good year, who have they overpayed for? Arod, Griffey, RJ, Edgar weren't overpayed in Seattle. Ichiro, Kaz Sasaki weren't overpayed.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby RynMan » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:09 am

HOOTIE wrote:

Besides Sexson/Beltre, and sexson had a pretty good year, who have they overpayed for? Arod, Griffey, RJ, Edgar weren't overpayed in Seattle. Ichiro, Kaz Sasaki weren't overpayed.

Personally I do think that they overpayed for Sexson. They well and truely overpaid Beltre. They overpaid for Spiezio a few years ago. How about Ibanez? Johjima in my opinion will be overpayed this season for the production that he produces. They practically gave Randy Winn away.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:07 am

RynMan wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:

Personally I do think that they overpayed for Sexson. They well and truely overpaid Beltre. They overpaid for Spiezio a few years ago. How about Ibanez? Johjima in my opinion will be overpayed this season for the production that he produces. They practically gave Randy Winn away.

They did overpay for both Sexson and Beltre, but they pretty much had to in order to bring them in, and they desperately needed to make a splash. However, Spiezio and Ibanez are $3-4M/yr guys. If Sandfrog had hit his usual .280, 15-20 HRs, and 80 RBIs, he would have looked like a very good signing. He just forgot to hit.

And Ibanez overpaid? Seriously? He's so underrated. For $4.4M you get a guy who's going to hit .280-.290, 20-25 HRs, and 90 RBIs. You could do a hell of a lot worse.

And for Moyer, I think this is a good signing. Especially if they can work it out so he does most of his pitching at Safeco (10-0, 2.95 ERA last year). They started to do this in the latter part of 2005, and I won't be surprised if they did it again.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Return to Baseball Leftovers