Soriano to the Nats.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano to the Nats..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:03 am

Will the Rangers ever acquire pitching? Ther were also rumours that the Rangers were trying to acquire Orlando Hudson from Toronto.
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:03 am

eftda wrote:Then Soranio moves back to NY to play 2nd. ;-D

the mets that is ;-)

Probably.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby dyuen87 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:05 am

eftda wrote:Pedro had a sub 3 era, over 200k's a 0.95 whip and now pitches for the best lineup in baseball with a better bullpen. ;-D

:-b best lineup in baseball. you just gave away last year's top 2b in baseball and a young stud who's probably gona close for the rest of his career for pedro. granted he had an amazing year last year, but how many more are you expecting? 1 or 2? maybe your league is redraft, in which case ill shutup :-D , but if it's keeper... :-o
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Cow » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:05 am

Huh!!!! Why give away Soriano for 2 average at best OFs. Just go sign Jacgue Jones and Juan Encarnation. This is a TERRIBLE deal for Texas. The player to named better be a top pitching prospect to make this deal remotely fair. I am sending Tom Hicks my resume, I could G.M. better than whoever the GM is in Texas.
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:05 am

Aww crap, I have Soriano on my fantasy team. This is going to ruin me.. :~(
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby George_Foreman » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:05 am

Great deal for TX. Brad Wilkerson just became my top "sleeper" for next year, although a cursury look at his stats should let anyone know that he'll be HUGE in Arlington with that lineup surrounding him. I'm guessing he'll be in the top 30 OFs next year easy, potentially top 20.

The only way this makes sense for the Nats is that they get a "big name" guy. Soriano represents added salary and he'll be a downgrade offensively and defensively from Wilkerson, and on top of that, they lose the servicable Sledge and a prospect of some sort or another. Sure, they didn't score the arm they wanted, but they now have plenty of talent to make a run at someone.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mweir145 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:06 am

The Cow wrote:Huh!!!! Why give away Soriano for 2 average at best OFs. Just go sign Jacgue Jones and Juan Encarnation. This is a TERRIBLE deal for Texas. The player to named better be a top pitching prospect to make this deal remotely fair. I am sending Tom Hicks my resume, I could G.M. better than whoever the GM is in Texas.

I disagree, I think it's great value for the Rangers.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:06 am

I dont think Sori will be too happy in Washington. He still has a place in NY and I could see him going back there when he becomes a free agent again.
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:07 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Supposedly Soriano will be put in LF barring some other move. If Soriano becomes an OF and not a 2b, his value will drop quite a bit more.

I doubt he'll accept a role in LF and even if he does, he'll still have 2B eligibility for 2006. He'll then be a FA and I doubt he'll resign in WAS if they force him to play a position he doesn't like (and that his numbers will take a nice hit in RFK).

Probably true, but as an LF going to free agency off a down year, who is going to pay him big bucks to do his hack job at 2b for them? If he does not hit well, the suspicions on him will have been confirmed and I think you will see his value drop quite a bit. Of course if he hits 35 hrs for the Nats it will indeed be the case that he likely signs for someone for big bucks as a 2b.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bdrotoronto » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:09 am

Dr. StrangeGlove wrote:Will the Rangers ever acquire pitching? Ther were also rumours that the Rangers were trying to acquire Orlando Hudson from Toronto.

I heard the same thing, as part of the Mench/Batista rumours.. Brandon League has been a part of those rumours at times too..

If true, that is a move I hope the Jays don't make, Hudson is by far the best defensive player they have, Mench is nowhere near worth giving that up.
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers