Soriano to the Nats.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano to the Nats..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rich101682 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:52 am

You know what's funny? Over the long haul, the Rangers traded A-Rod for Wilkerson and Sledge.

I think I vetoed that same trade in one of my leagues last year...
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:53 am

And he is headed to one of the best pitcher's parks and will be protected by who in the lineup now? NJ when he isn't on the DL with a hang nail?

A guy who has always been a hack and who some (myself included) have wondered if he was not the next coming of Juan Samuel? It is not dificult to think he might be in for an implosion. Who knows though. Who would have guessed Beltran would become Matt Lawton or that Brian Roberts would turn into Soriano last season (at least for the first half)?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby speedy27 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:55 am

rich101682 wrote:You know what's funny? Over the long haul, the Rangers traded A-Rod for Wilkerson and Sledge.

I think I vetoed that same trade in one of my leagues last year...

good one! :-D
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby dyuen87 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:56 am

eftda wrote:This makes my Soranio and Street for Pedro deal look even better! ;-D

:-? really...? if you got pedro, you got robbed...

Anyways, Soriano's value will take a big blow from this move, but i dont think we should write him off completely. he'll lose his position as top 2B in fantasy to Chase Utley, but he'll still be a solid option considering how shallow that position is. I'd love for Kinsler to grab that position (some of you may know why :-D ). Scouts love him because he works hard, takes criticism to heart, and most importantly has pretty good pop in his bat. Put him in Texas, I think we can expect 20-30 homers from him.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:57 am

Supposedly Soriano will be put in LF barring some other move. If Soriano becomes an OF and not a 2b, his value will drop quite a bit more.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:00 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Supposedly Soriano will be put in LF barring some other move. If Soriano becomes an OF and not a 2b, his value will drop quite a bit more.

I doubt he'll accept a role in LF and even if he does, he'll still have 2B eligibility for 2006. He'll then be a FA and I doubt he'll resign in WAS if they force him to play a position he doesn't like (and that his numbers will take a nice hit in RFK).
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:02 am

And his arm will fall off someday and he is 34 years old. Soriano for Pedro straight up would have been overpaying at the time imo.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers