Sean Casey. back, back, back, GONE! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cincinnati Reds

Sean Casey. back, back, back, GONE!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sean Casey. back, back, back, GONE!

Postby TheGrump » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:20 pm

Dan O'Brien has done the impossible and moved Sean Casey and his hefty contract. This is an excellent move for the redlegs.;-D

Lets face it, the reds are a poorly run organization and robo-Obrien will probably make a really bad signing with the money saved. If I ran the team, I would also move Dunn. He is set to make too much money and his value (team and market) is high enough to bring some SERIOUS young pitching help. More work has to be done.

As a Reds fan, I would like to encourage the new ownership to fire everyone in the front office when they take power. Ever since rumours started to fly that the GM was unzipping his leather pants at the request of executive's wives, the front office has performed pathetically.:-t
TheGrump
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benjapage » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:29 am

agreed...casey was an albatross.

i'm not opposed to moving dunn, but it's important to recognize that he's one of the premiere young power hitters in the league. can we get a top-flight pitcher for him? even some top-flight prospects?

the reds organization will be left to float through the remainder of o'brien's contract, but heading into the 2007 season, there will be an inclusive gutting. castellini has told some of my inside sources that he was appalled at the skeletal positions in the cincinnati front offices. they have half of the "normal" staff associated with an mlb team. devastating, but it explains a lot.

where is the peavy, santana, felix, kazmir, petit, or even bedard in the reds organization? we have the most paltry and ineffective scouting crew in mlb. the future is at least 5 years away. sadness. :~(

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby chichpsalm » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:07 am

I would move Dunn as a last resort - good, young, cheap, and willing to sign long term!
Did you know there are no such things as "white" or "black" people?

http://onehumanrace.com/
chichpsalm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dingo » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:08 am

Is it possible for the Reds to just swap teams with someone else? Because that would be wonderful.
Dingo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Cincinnati Reds